Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,032 Members 51,607 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unable to mount /system, Error mounting /system!

Tip us?

Fidelator
Old
(Last edited by Fidelator; 25th May 2014 at 10:26 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88
Angry Unable to mount /system, Error mounting /system!

So guys, I downloaded the latest CM nightly through the CMupdater app, I rebooted into recovery TWRP 2.6.3.0 at that moment I think, when I tried to flash my update it said "Unable to mount /system" and just stood there, I rebooted into recovery again and tried to mount it from the mounts menu without result.

Next I updated to the latest TWRP but the problem persisted, changed to the latest CWM and that too, is unable to mount /system displaying the message "Error mounting /system!"

I seriously don't want to lose my data as this was a simple update so I didn't make a backup but I don't know what the hell else I'm supposed to do.

Oh and BTW, trying to boot to system leaves me at the Google screen for an indefinite amount of time.

Thanks in advance

Edit:Turns out formatting system doesn't delete my data, I got impatient and did that, problem solved.

lj50036
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,287

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelator View Post
So guys, I downloaded the latest CM nightly through the CMupdater app, I rebooted into recovery TWRP 2.6.3.0 at that moment I think, when I tried to flash my update it said "Unable to mount /system" and just stood there, I rebooted into recovery again and tried to mount it from the mounts menu without result.

Next I updated to the latest TWRP but the problem persisted, changed to the latest CWM and that too, is unable to mount /system displaying the message "Error mounting /system!"

I seriously don't want to lose my data as this was a simple update so I didn't make a backup but I don't know what the hell else I'm supposed to do.

Oh and BTW, trying to boot to system leaves me at the Google screen for an indefinite amount of time.

Thanks in advance

Turns out formatting system doesn't delete my data, I got impatient and did that, problem solved.
Can you add SOLVED to the thread title..

Glad to see everything is ok

Thx Josh
The Following User Says Thank You to lj50036 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]