Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] been reading for days and days need help

OP TheWreckHER

23rd May 2014, 06:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

22 posts
I am sorry to be so damn noobish but i need help lol... Ive watched so many youtube videos with josh dew and read so many posts and downloaded so many roms. I know I am probably missing just one step and if someone can help me I would be so appreciative.

my note 3 is rooted with twrp installed. i want to change my rom , my main goal is to get unlimited hotspot unlocked.... when i try to install a rom it says KERNEL is not SEANDROID ENFORCING, I then put it all back to stock then root then install twrp.

I think i have maybe a wrong kernel? What do I need to do?
23rd May 2014, 08:32 AM   |  #2  
Annapolis Maryland
Thanks Meter: 328

671 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWreckHER

I am sorry to be so damn noobish but i need help lol... Ive watched so many youtube videos with josh dew and read so many posts and downloaded so many roms. I know I am probably missing just one step and if someone can help me I would be so appreciative.

my note 3 is rooted with twrp installed. i want to change my rom , my main goal is to get unlimited hotspot unlocked.... when i try to install a rom it says KERNEL is not SEANDROID ENFORCING, I then put it all back to stock then root then install twrp.

I think i have maybe a wrong kernel? What do I need to do?

There is nothing wrong. It says that only if you are not using a pure stock kernel.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
23rd May 2014, 01:31 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSCSL

There is nothing wrong. It says that only if you are not using a pure stock kernel.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

But it just reboots constantly never starts up
23rd May 2014, 05:33 PM   |  #4  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 466

743 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWreckHER

But it just reboots constantly never starts up

I need a little more information from your phone in order to accurately help you.
  1. What version of stock TW were you running when you rooted (prior to flashing a ROM)?
    Based on what you're describing, you most-likely were on Jellybean (MJ4) when you did your rooting and installed TWRP.
  2. What is your bootloader version?
    You can see this on the same boot-up screen where you see the "KERNEL is not SEANDROID ENFORCING" message.
  3. What is your TWRP version?
    Some ROMs need the newest version of TWRP in order to install correctly. For our phone, older versions of TWRP (2.6.X.X) can only be used to install Jellybean (MJ4) Roms, while the newer versions of TWRP (2.7.X.X) can only install KitKat (NAB, NC5) Roms.
  4. What ROMs have you been trying to flash?
    This will help us understand if there are issues with what you're installing.

The main reason I ask these questions is that there is a very specific way of upgrading from Jellybean (MJ4) to KitKat (NAB, NC5) on our phones. Most people (like myself) rooted on other phones and aren't used to the bootloader restrictions Samsung introduced on the Note 3, so we expect to just upgrade from MJ4 to NC5 like it's no big deal.

Also, there's the issue with TWRP... because of the whole bootloader thing, one version of TWRP cannot work for both JB and KK Roms. It's just the way it is... We've helped plenty of people who were trying to flash KK Roms on an older version of TWRP, only to have errors and bootloops.

Hope this helps!
24th May 2014, 09:38 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 325

1,682 posts
Check out "WiFi Tether Router"
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...fitetherrouter This works, for me, on stock rooted nc5. It's a paid app. Follow the settings directions in the description to get all the settings right for your phone. It works and isn't difficult to set up. I have nc5 stock rooted. Custom recovery isn't needed for this. You must have root for it to work.
A reboot after using is a good idea. Otherwise, no complaints. Works on 4g.
Tethering eats battery life and creates heat. If you plan to use it for awhile, I suggest plugging in a charger. Keep the phone out in the open so it can keep cool and get good signal. Charging and tethering with create heat. Nothing to worry about if you don't put the phone in a hot place while using it.
Last edited by oscarthegrouch; 24th May 2014 at 09:43 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to oscarthegrouch For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread