Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,291 Members 46,946 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Auto rotation and auto brightness not working

Tip us?

fenguepay
Old
(Last edited by fenguepay; 24th May 2014 at 07:52 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Default Auto rotation and auto brightness not working

I am currently on ZVA with ZVA radios but "
ZVC firmware". I'm not really a noob when it comes to flashing a ROM and such but this has me stumped. Never before have I been instructed to install a 600kb firmware file as I was in the stock rooted ZVC thread in the android development section.

I followed that thread to the t as you should when messing around with Roms. I made a backup, flashed the radios and the firmware file provided then cleared the dalvik and cache. I then attempted flashing the ROM and got an error which was common among others. I tried redownloading with no avail and restored my backup, downgraded my radios back to ZVA and cleared the caches again. My phone worked well for a day but now my auto rotation and auto brightness are not working. I cleared the cache again and restored the same backup again but they still aren't working.

I read that the firmware file was backward compatible but I now have reason to believe that it is not. I'll provide the file below in case anybody is interested and because it may help to solve this problem but I really hope this is fixable because I see no auto rotation as a rather big problem.

Thanks in advance for any help.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407591901

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
| Motorola Droid X | Liquid Smooth ROMS|
| HTC Vigor/ReZound | Unlocked with Fenguepay's AutoUnlocker | Leaked ICS | JuopunutBear S-OFF |
| Samsung Galaxy S 4 | Stock IORoot rooted|
| Nexus 7 (FLO 2013) | Stock Rooted TWRP Recovery|
| LG G2 (LS980) | Stock Rooted KitKat TWRP Recovery|

fenguepay
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
I fixed the problem by downloading from different mirrors until the md5 checked out. Ignore post.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
| Motorola Droid X | Liquid Smooth ROMS|
| HTC Vigor/ReZound | Unlocked with Fenguepay's AutoUnlocker | Leaked ICS | JuopunutBear S-OFF |
| Samsung Galaxy S 4 | Stock IORoot rooted|
| Nexus 7 (FLO 2013) | Stock Rooted TWRP Recovery|
| LG G2 (LS980) | Stock Rooted KitKat TWRP Recovery|