Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,452 Members 43,194 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

One Max fingerprint scanner development

Tip us?
 
snapz54
Old
#1  
snapz54's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Posts: 204
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles

 
DONATE TO ME
Default One Max fingerprint scanner development

Hello everyone,

Coming from a Note 2. Very excited for the large screen and beautiful finish, trying to ignore the camera, less gen processor, and something I was excited about THE FINGERPRINT SCANNER. The limitations are astonishing, how could they think this was enough.

Have any devs explored the possibilities of opening up use beyond the lockscreen? Any apps that can access it? I've searched and searched without success.
Unlocked...
Rooted...
& Flashed.


Thank you to the hard working devs, here in this community and in others like it.

Click to see my REVIEWS on gadgets for the Note 2 and more
The Following User Says Thank You to snapz54 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
FunkEIzMyName
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapz54 View Post
Hello everyone,

Coming from a Note 2. Very excited for the large screen and beautiful finish, trying to ignore the camera, less gen processor, and something I was excited about THE FINGERPRINT SCANNER. The limitations are astonishing, how could they think this was enough.

Have any devs explored the possibilities of opening up use beyond the lockscreen? Any apps that can access it? I've searched and searched without success.
i agree. there is a lot of capability to be explored here.
 
snapz54
Old
#3  
snapz54's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Posts: 204
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapz54 View Post
Hello everyone,

Coming from a Note 2. Very excited for the large screen and beautiful finish, trying to ignore the camera, less gen processor, and something I was excited about THE FINGERPRINT SCANNER. The limitations are astonishing, how could they think this was enough.

Have any devs explored the possibilities of opening up use beyond the lockscreen? Any apps that can access it? I've searched and searched without success.
Anything? Is this just a matter of us not having the devs or is this not possible because of hardware/software issues?
Unlocked...
Rooted...
& Flashed.


Thank you to the hard working devs, here in this community and in others like it.

Click to see my REVIEWS on gadgets for the Note 2 and more
 
akastixx
Old
#4  
akastixx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 278
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapz54 View Post
Anything? Is this just a matter of us not having the devs or is this not possible because of hardware/software issues?
Not enough devs... The One and One M8 have the devs.
Example:
T-Mobile M8 section - 438 threads (note: this does not include the other types of M8)
One Max (all variants) - 725 threads. This device has been out several months longer.

The One Max is a nice, but niche phone.
Smartphone History: Hitachi G1000 > HTC PPC-6700 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Pro > HTC Evo > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > HTC Evo 4G LTE > HTC One Max
Current Smartphone Plan: $50 Unlimited, My Way/$20 Everything Data Plus
 
DROID3R
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 225
Posts: 835
Join Date: Oct 2011
In the grand scale of things... The one max is a rare gem. People are sheep and the minute they learned about snapdragon 600 they didnt even give it a fair shot.

HTC One MAX
 
snapz54
Old
#6  
snapz54's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Posts: 204
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DROID3R View Post
In the grand scale of things... The one max is a rare gem. People are sheep and the minute they learned about snapdragon 600 they didnt even give it a fair shot.

HTC One MAX
So it seems we have a rare challenge for a smart dev. We need to find someone that likes a challenge. Anyone know any devs from previous phones that might be up to this?
Unlocked...
Rooted...
& Flashed.


Thank you to the hard working devs, here in this community and in others like it.

Click to see my REVIEWS on gadgets for the Note 2 and more
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Modernize Your Emails with Email Popup

SMS andHangouts messages likely won’t ever replace traditional Emails for more formal … more

Change Your Toast Notification Style with XToast

Android uses multipletypes of notifications. One of these isknown as a toast notification. … more

Port Sony Xperia Themes to CyanogenMod 11 with Ease

In addition the obvious proficiency with graphics, creating agood Android theme … more

Cell Phone SIM Unlock Bill Just Steps Away from President’s Desk

For all those who believe that Cinderella stories don’t actually … more