Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,452 Members 43,194 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

One Max fingerprint scanner development

Tip us?

snapz54
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60

DONATE TO ME
Default One Max fingerprint scanner development

Hello everyone,

Coming from a Note 2. Very excited for the large screen and beautiful finish, trying to ignore the camera, less gen processor, and something I was excited about THE FINGERPRINT SCANNER. The limitations are astonishing, how could they think this was enough.

Have any devs explored the possibilities of opening up use beyond the lockscreen? Any apps that can access it? I've searched and searched without success.
Unlocked...
Rooted...
& Flashed.

Thank you to the hard working devs, here in this community and in others like it.

Click to see my REVIEWS on gadgets for the Note 2 and more
The Following User Says Thank You to snapz54 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FunkEIzMyName
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapz54 View Post
Hello everyone,

Coming from a Note 2. Very excited for the large screen and beautiful finish, trying to ignore the camera, less gen processor, and something I was excited about THE FINGERPRINT SCANNER. The limitations are astonishing, how could they think this was enough.

Have any devs explored the possibilities of opening up use beyond the lockscreen? Any apps that can access it? I've searched and searched without success.
i agree. there is a lot of capability to be explored here.

snapz54
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hello everyone,

Anything? Is this just a matter of us not having the devs or is this not possible because of hardware/software issues?
Unlocked...
Rooted...
& Flashed.

Thank you to the hard working devs, here in this community and in others like it.

akastixx
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Anything? Is this just a matter of us not having the devs or is this not possible because of hardware/software issues?
Not enough devs... The One and One M8 have the devs.
Example:
T-Mobile M8 section - 438 threads (note: this does not include the other types of M8)
One Max (all variants) - 725 threads. This device has been out several months longer.

The One Max is a nice, but niche phone.
Smartphone History: Hitachi G1000 > HTC PPC-6700 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Pro > HTC Evo > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > HTC Evo 4G LTE > HTC One Max
Current Smartphone Plan: $50 Unlimited, My Way/$20 Everything Data Plus

DROID3R
Old
Thanks Meter 225
In the grand scale of things... The one max is a rare gem. People are sheep and the minute they learned about snapdragon 600 they didnt even give it a fair shot.

HTC One MAX

snapz54
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DROID3R View Post
In the grand scale of things... The one max is a rare gem. People are sheep and the minute they learned about snapdragon 600 they didnt even give it a fair shot.

HTC One MAX
So it seems we have a rare challenge for a smart dev. We need to find someone that likes a challenge. Anyone know any devs from previous phones that might be up to this?
Unlocked...
Rooted...
& Flashed.