Post Reply

[Q] (Blefish 0516) How to forbid app created file/folder in ext-SD root directory ?

OP zhuld.lord

23rd May 2014, 12:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Thank Blefish first ,with your contribution to U8800 ,so we users can enjoy the Kitkat.

I have learned that Kitkat will forbid app create file/folder in ext-SD root directory,instead apps can only created their data in /Sdcad/Android.So my Sdcard directory will be tidy.
When I installed Blefish 0516 edition,I found the feature didn't work.
And I found in dir ./storage , ext-SD was mounted as Sdcard0 while the internal storage was mounted as Sdcard1.I think the irregular mounted sequence between ext-Sd and internal storage is the reason why the feature didn't work.
And I didn't found vold.fstab in ./system/etc , so I can't edit it to change the mount seq.

Dear Blefish guru,I am looking for your help~
23rd May 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #2  
Blefish's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Paluküla, Hiiumaa
Thanks Meter: 1,884
 
791 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
More
Jellybean and forward use a different method now. They are not using vold.fstab anymore. Rather, /fstab.qcom is used (in our phone). It cannot be edited manually, a boot.img must be unpacked and repacked in order to do so.

Did you mention that apps can write to /sdcard/ but cannot write to /storage/sdcard0? This ROM does not enforce write permissions as KitKat does by default, so I am not quite sure.
24th May 2014, 01:47 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blefish

Jellybean and forward use a different method now. They are not using vold.fstab anymore. Rather, /fstab.qcom is used (in our phone). It cannot be edited manually, a boot.img must be unpacked and repacked in order to do so.

Did you mention that apps can write to /sdcard/ but cannot write to /storage/sdcard0? This ROM does not enforce write permissions as KitKat does by default, so I am not quite sure.

Two days after installed 0516,many folders were created by apps in ext-SD root directory(./storage/sdcard0/),while only two folders were found in internal storage(./storage/sdcard1/).And it seems that the two folders were somthing like being created while using recovery or something like that,unlikely being created by apps.

Cause I am using another rom to find whether the seq between internal and ext-SD is normal,yet I found that in android 4.0.4 there is no ./storage,so I cannot know the seq between internal and ext-SD.
24th May 2014, 07:17 AM   |  #4  
Blefish's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Paluküla, Hiiumaa
Thanks Meter: 1,884
 
791 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuld.lord

Two days after installed 0516,many folders were created by apps in ext-SD root directory(./storage/sdcard0/),while only two folders were found in internal storage(./storage/sdcard1/).And it seems that the two folders were somthing like being created while using recovery or something like that,unlikely being created by apps.

Cause I am using another rom to find whether the seq between internal and ext-SD is normal,yet I found that in android 4.0.4 there is no ./storage,so I cannot know the seq between internal and ext-SD.

In my ROM external SD (/storage/sdcard0) is the primary storage. This means Android creates it's Pictures, Download, Music & other directories there automatically.

/storage/sdcard1 is just a storage, like USB OTG storage would be. It's not in use if sdcard0 is present (some apps can still write to it manually like Camera).

The /storage is another jb/kk feature. I did not go with the older direct mounting to /mnt/ because it's just deprecated. Mine is configured according to this (Nexus One with internal storage added manually): http://source.android.com/devices/te...g-example.html
24th May 2014, 11:30 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blefish

In my ROM external SD (/storage/sdcard0) is the primary storage. This means Android creates it's Pictures, Download, Music & other directories there automatically.

/storage/sdcard1 is just a storage, like USB OTG storage would be. It's not in use if sdcard0 is present (some apps can still write to it manually like Camera).

The /storage is another jb/kk feature. I did not go with the older direct mounting to /mnt/ because it's just deprecated. Mine is configured according to this (Nexus One with internal storage added manually):

Thanks for so detailed reply.

But I still don't understand how to enforce write permission.As a perfectionist , I really don't want to see so many folders created by third-party apps in my ext-SD.

If it is convenient for you,could you inform me the way to enable the write permission in your rom?
Last edited by zhuld.lord; 25th May 2014 at 02:26 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes