Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,858 Members 36,825 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ascend p6 cheap repair casing and glass?

Tip us?

TomTheTiger
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Ascend p6 cheap repair casing and glass?

Hey,

After 2 months of use the phone fell on its corner and well. my screen is basically one big city of cracks. a few weeks later I started noticing that my phone was get a little bit loose. like the round thing at the bottom of the phone started letting loose and literately crumbling.

But I let my phone fall... not there but still I let it fall. So they won't repair the god damn thing. at the shop they say it will cost 300 euros to repair it.
while I look on the internet I can get a screen for 150 (which I still think is way to expensive.).

now that the casing has crumbled off my jacket my earphone plug is just loose and I need to keep pushing it into place to get the right sound.

Is there a cheap way to repair the god damn thing?

Thank you a lot!

kolembo
Old
Thanks Meter 155
Dropped my phone last week! Glass spidered immediately.

The Huawei shop here (Nairobi) fixed it in two hours but had to pay about 100Euros.

I asked for the cracked screen back - just to have it - and that replacement is almost half the phone!

It's going to be expensive whichever way you look at it.

I would get a Chinese shipped replacement from eBay and then take it in to a Huawei dealer for replacement.

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using XDA Premium HD app

RICKROCKER
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I have replaced screen to my p6 two times (there is not going to be third time) first time I got only lcd+glass from ebay (about 45 euros) but without original glue between the glass and frame it didn't last long. Next time I got glass+lcd+frame for about 55 euros and new battery cover and bottom cap for 8 euros. If you take your time to take p6 apart it isn't that hard to change the screen by yourself with the screen+frame kit.