Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,128 Members 40,502 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Usb problem

Tip us?

Vohukain
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] Usb problem

Hello!
Last night I ran my phone battery almost empty (something like 3% left) and then I plugged it to a charger over the night. In the morning I plugged it out and I saw that phone was still charging! Then I turned phone off and on again but it shows the battery image in the starts just like it would be charging. Also when I plug phone to laptop via usb cable it is not recognicing phone and I can't transfer data.
Then I go to recovery and wipe battery stats and turn on again. Now phone didn't show charging. I put it to a charger and everything was normal. But when I take phone out of charger it shows still charging. The phone really is charging when it is in the charger. I tried to search but I didn't find similar problem.
What should I do. I'm not familar to flash different rom cause if something goes wrong, I can't use odin to fix things. I'm on Hyperion 8 and Savie #73 kernel. I have also extented my internal memory with Link2Sd and ext3 partion.
s5360: [ROM] Hyperion 9 GM Final, [Kernel] Savie #73 | s5660: [ROM] CM10.2 JB 4.2.2 | Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic: [CFW] OpTimisT
The Following User Says Thank You to Vohukain For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AbhiLP
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vohukain View Post
Hello!
Last night I ran my phone battery almost empty (something like 3% left) and then I plugged it to a charger over the night. In the morning I plugged it out and I saw that phone was still charging! Then I turned phone off and on again but it shows the battery image in the starts just like it would be charging. Also when I plug phone to laptop via usb cable it is not recognicing phone and I can't transfer data.
Then I go to recovery and wipe battery stats and turn on again. Now phone didn't show charging. I put it to a charger and everything was normal. But when I take phone out of charger it shows still charging. The phone really is charging when it is in the charger. I tried to search but I didn't find similar problem.
What should I do. I'm not familar to flash different rom cause if something goes wrong, I can't use odin to fix things. I'm on Hyperion 8 and Savie #73 kernel. I have also extented my internal memory with Link2Sd and ext3 partion.
I don't think you can transfer anything from your phone to pc while the phone is off. You will need to turn on your phone if you want it to be discovered by your pc.

"Donít use a userís thanks count to judge their helpfulness Ė it is by no means an example of how helpful a user is. Many of the most helpful users on XDA-Developers do not have the largest thanks counts, rather they quietly help out where needed, and donít post when they have nothing to say."

marcussmith2626
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vohukain View Post
Hello!
Take the battery out your phone
clean the usb port of your phone - make sure you get all the dirt out - use some kind of object to get all the dirt out of it and check the pins
You can use compressed air but if you use cleaning solution make sure it is totally dry before putting the battery back in to test the port

My Work And Threads For Galaxy Y GT-S5360

My PM is not a Question & Answer thread - Dont treat it as such!
The Following User Says Thank You to marcussmith2626 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Vohukain
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussmith2626 View Post
Take the battery out your phone
clean the usb port of your phone - make sure you get all the dirt out - use some kind of object to get all the dirt out of it and check the pins
You can use compressed air but if you use cleaning solution make sure it is totally dry before putting the battery back in to test the port
Thanks, that solved my problem.
s5360: [ROM] Hyperion 9 GM Final, [Kernel] Savie #73 | s5660: [ROM] CM10.2 JB 4.2.2 | Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic: [CFW] OpTimisT
Tags
battery problem, charcing, usd