Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,624 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Suggestion for the infamous "which rom is best" question

Tip us?

3alaawi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Smile Suggestion for the infamous "which rom is best" question

Hi everyone,

So XDA has made it clear that they dislike the question "Which is the best ROM" and will delete any posts based on this question.

I think we can have a thread that is more factual rather than opinionated. An actual comparison charts of some sort, with a long list of ROMs and which features they have or don't have being identified by checkboxes.

I know the general reply to the question is try them out yourself and pick what you like, but the idea here is not to say which is best, its just to provide as much information as possible so that we don't have to test each rom individually or go through threads and threads to find what we like.

I don't know exactly how this would be approached but if a this thread can become a sticky thread I think there will be a lot less questions on ROM features. Maybe the ROM developers can make submissions or whatever to the list with the features they have/don't have and new features can be added as they are made.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, feel free to move/delete this if inappropriate.

Ghost
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3644
Thread closed,

While your idea is interesting it still falls under the rom comparison thread which is against forum rules.

The reason we do not allow these is, if you are a rom developer who has spent hours and days worth of work, putting a rom together, then somebody comes in and says this rom is better because it has X Y and Z, you can see how that developer would not take it too well.

The best thing to do is to simply read the OP's of the different roms in question and try it for yourself.

Best rom threads do not work in general because each user is different. If you give a rom to 3 people and say to use it, each person will get different results.

It does boil down to the fact the you need to decide what you want out of your phone and then try roms yourself to see which one is best for you.

Many thanks,

Ghost
The Following User Says Thank You to Ghost For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
compare, comparison, rom, roms, suggestion
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe