Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,721 Members 52,809 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] RED LED Light, Phone won't start up

Tip us?

Lambo_car16
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] RED LED Light, Phone won't start up

Hi guys,

I am having some problems. Last light, my phone ran out. I charged it, and when I woke up this morning, it won't start up. Every time I plug it into the charger, it gives a RED LED light at the top. Every time I pull it out of the charger, the RED LED disappears. It is running a pre-rooted version of Android KitKat 4.4, so I guess that means it has lost warranty...
I have not tried plugging it into a PC yet.

Please help, thanks.

Ahki767
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Sounds like it's bricked. Can you get into flashmode when plugged into pc?

adryanodej
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambo_car16 View Post
Hi guys,

I am having some problems. Last light, my phone ran out. I charged it, and when I woke up this morning, it won't start up. Every time I plug it into the charger, it gives a RED LED light at the top. Every time I pull it out of the charger, the RED LED disappears. It is running a pre-rooted version of Android KitKat 4.4, so I guess that means it has lost warranty...
I have not tried plugging it into a PC yet.

Please help, thanks.
you have unlock bootloader? if yes.. then download flashtool then boot in flashmode and flash any FTF for z1 ..
Last devices: Xperia arc S --> Xperia S --> Xperia SP --> Xperia ZR --> Xperia Z1 --> Xperia Z1 Compact

Lambo_car16
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahki767 View Post
Sounds like it's bricked. Can you get into flashmode when plugged into pc?
No, it couldn't be recognized by any programs (SONY PC COMPANION, Flashtool etc)

Very weird: a minute ago, it was charging, wouldn't boot up, still red led like before etc... And I didn't realize my laptop was on low battery and ran out, and my phone stopped charging. And the phone started up automatically after that? It had 3% battery, so it was not charging.

Lambo_car16
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
The battery keeps going from 3 percent to 4 and back.

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambo_car16 View Post

No, it couldn't be recognized by any programs (SONY PC COMPANION, Flashtool etc)

Very weird: a minute ago, it was charging, wouldn't boot up, still red led like before etc... And I didn't realize my laptop was on low battery and ran out, and my phone stopped charging. And the phone started up automatically after that? It had 3% battery, so it was not charging.
The phone will not be recognized when off, when off keep pushing volume up and connect via USB to PC, it will be recognized in Flashmode and flash a new FTF 4.4 from Flashtool.

If it turned on then leave the phone under charge (Wall Charger) for at last 4 hours and check again, if it still give you problems then I will recommend to do a Factory Reset or flash a new KK and wipe everything, Data, Appslog and Cache.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4