FORUMS

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

[Q] RED LED Light, Phone won't start up

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Lambo_car16, Junior Member on 24th May 2014, 11:29 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi guys,

I am having some problems. Last light, my phone ran out. I charged it, and when I woke up this morning, it won't start up. Every time I plug it into the charger, it gives a RED LED light at the top. Every time I pull it out of the charger, the RED LED disappears. It is running a pre-rooted version of Android KitKat 4.4, so I guess that means it has lost warranty...
I have not tried plugging it into a PC yet.

Please help, thanks.
 
 
24th May 2014, 11:57 AM |#2  
Ahki767's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag CAT
Thanks Meter: 145
 
More
Sounds like it's bricked. Can you get into flashmode when plugged into pc?
24th May 2014, 12:09 PM |#3  
adryanodej's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dej, Cluj-Napoca
Thanks Meter: 61
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambo_car16

Hi guys,

I am having some problems. Last light, my phone ran out. I charged it, and when I woke up this morning, it won't start up. Every time I plug it into the charger, it gives a RED LED light at the top. Every time I pull it out of the charger, the RED LED disappears. It is running a pre-rooted version of Android KitKat 4.4, so I guess that means it has lost warranty...
I have not tried plugging it into a PC yet.

Please help, thanks.

you have unlock bootloader? if yes.. then download flashtool then boot in flashmode and flash any FTF for z1 ..
24th May 2014, 12:10 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahki767

Sounds like it's bricked. Can you get into flashmode when plugged into pc?

No, it couldn't be recognized by any programs (SONY PC COMPANION, Flashtool etc)

Very weird: a minute ago, it was charging, wouldn't boot up, still red led like before etc... And I didn't realize my laptop was on low battery and ran out, and my phone stopped charging. And the phone started up automatically after that? It had 3% battery, so it was not charging.
24th May 2014, 12:46 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
The battery keeps going from 3 percent to 4 and back.
24th May 2014, 12:56 PM |#6  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 621
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambo_car16


No, it couldn't be recognized by any programs (SONY PC COMPANION, Flashtool etc)

Very weird: a minute ago, it was charging, wouldn't boot up, still red led like before etc... And I didn't realize my laptop was on low battery and ran out, and my phone stopped charging. And the phone started up automatically after that? It had 3% battery, so it was not charging.

The phone will not be recognized when off, when off keep pushing volume up and connect via USB to PC, it will be recognized in Flashmode and flash a new FTF 4.4 from Flashtool.

If it turned on then leave the phone under charge (Wall Charger) for at last 4 hours and check again, if it still give you problems then I will recommend to do a Factory Reset or flash a new KK and wipe everything, Data, Appslog and Cache.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes