Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,580 Members 40,928 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sandisk sd card

Tip us?

pvchip3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 126
Default Sandisk sd card

Has anyone tried the sandisk extreme plus or sandisk pixtor sd cards..thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

Svid
Old
Thanks Meter 92
I use SanDisk extreme 32gb and pretty satisfied.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Svid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kawaisa
Old
Thanks Meter 205
Pixtor = SanDisk Ultra

They're pretty much the same in terms of quality. The Extreme Plus cards are just faster (if you're using a USB 3.0 card reader)
Motorola V300 - Sony Ericsson K700i - Panasonic VS3 - Sony Ericsson W850i - HTC G1 - iPhone 2G - Samsung Vibrant - Samsung Galaxy S2 - HTC One S - Samsung Galaxy Note II - LG Nexus 4 - Samsung Galaxy S3 - Samsung Note 3 - Sony Xperia Z Ultra GPE
The Following User Says Thank You to Kawaisa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Old
Thanks Meter 181
Not having any problem with the 64GB SanDisk Ultra.
Tmobile HTC HD2
ROM 2.13.531.1
Radio 2.10.50.26

ACER 500 64GB Tablet
Changelog for CM10
The Following User Says Thank You to 10507 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

paul_59
Old
Thanks Meter 87
I have been using

SanDisk Extreme Plus microSDHC Card Class 10 UHS-I 80MB/S 64GB

For a couple if months without problems, as others have said it's the fastest currently available, although in the Note 3 it doesn't reach its potential due to lack of UHS-1 interface.

The Following User Says Thank You to paul_59 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vash_h
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_59 View Post
I have been using

For a couple if months without problems, as others have said it's the fastest currently available, although in the Note 3 it doesn't reach its potential due to lack of UHS-1 interface.

Don't buy SanDisk Ultra microSDXC UHS-I 64gb. I'm using this and it just spoilt. Tomorrow on Monday I'm going to their office for replacement. If u count tomorrow or would be my third replacement card within 1 year. Purchased in April 2013.. first replacement Sept 2013.. second replacement jan 2014.. now this replacement may 2014. And I'm using original because I replace them at the sole distributor office.

First replacement is because the card totally unable to read/write from phone and pc.

Second replacement unable to hold data. Meaning suddenly all data missing. When write or save things to card.. when restart phone is missing again. Tried on pc.. write files to the card. within few minutes is missing again.

This time is unable to write to card again. This time I tried chkdsk /f /r /x it says volume bitmap unable to read.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 on Phantom Kitkat Rom via Tapatalk
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II on Phantom ROM KK 4.2.2

Lorettaa
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by vash_h View Post
Don't buy SanDisk Ultra microSDXC UHS-I 64gb. I'm using this and it just spoilt. Tomorrow on Monday I'm going to their office for replacement. If u count tomorrow or would be my third replacement card within 1 year. Purchased in April 2013.. first replacement Sept 2013.. second replacement jan 2014.. now this replacement may 2014. And I'm using original because I replace them at the sole distributor office.

First replacement is because the card totally unable to read/write from phone and pc.

Second replacement unable to hold data. Meaning suddenly all data missing. When write or save things to card.. when restart phone is missing again. Tried on pc.. write files to the card. within few minutes is missing again.

This time is unable to write to card again. This time I tried chkdsk /f /r /x it says volume bitmap unable to read.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 on Phantom Kitkat Rom via Tapatalk
I've seen people complaining about those issues too.

Rickdaddy
Old
Thanks Meter 24
yep, read about a lot of complaints on the sandisk ultra ones. People seem to be having good results with the extreme though.

QlimaxWarex
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_59 View Post
I have been using

I think that this is just enough to be using. Enough speed, good quality & almost fully speed supported by Note 3!

pvchip3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 126
I know alot of people are complaining about sandisk sd cards but I guess im lucky I've been using them in my phones without any problems...the new extremes are really impressive...I currently have a 32gb ultra, 32 extreme plus, 32 pixtor and 64 gb ultra