Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 46,254 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sony V can`t update Frimware from 4.1.2 to 4.3

Tip us?

istux
Old
(Last edited by istux; 23rd May 2014 at 03:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arioman View Post
yes it`s too strange for me too !! i found some users that have a same problem like me on the source

Here i take some Screenshot Specially from SuperSU that have a message related to recovery :

Do you think it`s possible that my phone Stock Frimware Have a problem ? So i must Install the new Fresh One of 4.1.2 ??
That message is a request of update: just do it clicking on NORMAL

and try CWM v7 please
The Following User Says Thank You to istux For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Arioman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by istux View Post
That message is a request of update: just do it clicking on NORMAL

and try CWM v7 please
damn , i do this again and again

Try all Buttons in boot

adult image upload

my brain hangs ! do you think Flash Stock Kernel and Rom 4.1.2 Can help to solve this ?

cause i power Off and On my phone about 100 Times this day and no success at all , i fear my phone Dead if off and on it like this anymore !!

istux
Old
(Last edited by istux; 23rd May 2014 at 05:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 400
Quote:
damn , i do this again and again

Try all Buttons in boot

my brain hangs ! do you think Flash Stock Kernel and Rom 4.1.2 Can help to solve this ?

cause i power Off and On my phone about 100 Times this day and no success at all , i fear my phone Dead if off and on it like this anymore !!
From this screenshot it seems that recovery was installed perfectly.

OK, let's try to reboot into recovery with PC command using ADB.
Connect your phone to PC and follow these instructions:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...31&postcount=1
The Following User Says Thank You to istux For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Arioman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
From this screenshot it seems that recovery was installed perfectly.

OK, let's try to reboot into recovery with PC command using ADB.
Connect your phone to PC and follow these instructions:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...31&postcount=1
i`m really so sorry for bother you and thanks for your Patience to answer me like this my friend ...

i test this way twice now and phone reset and reboot normal again . only in a second time i see the some blue Triangle icon With a loading bar on down of it for a very short time and then Xperia Logo comes and phone loaded normal again

I never though stuck on this easy Stage like this

istux
Old
Thanks Meter 400
Quote:
i`m really so sorry for bother you and thanks for your Patience to answer me like this my friend ...

i test this way twice now and phone reset and reboot normal again . only in a second time i see the some blue Triangle icon With a loading bar on down of it for a very short time and then Xperia Logo comes and phone loaded normal again

I never though stuck on this easy Stage like this
Ok let's try another method with frameworks.
The following power menu is specific for Xperia phones, so "reboot to recovery" should work fine here.

1) Install Xposed framework

Download here: http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.ro...osed.installer
Copy into phone memory and install like a normal application.
Open the app, go to the "Framework" section and click on "Install/Update"
Reboot.

2) Install ADVANCED POWER MENU

Download this way:
Open Xposed Installer App and go to the "download" section.
Download and install ADVANCED POWER MENU
Now go to the "Modules" section (you will also get there if you click on the notification warning you that the module is not enabled yet).
Enable the module by checking the checkbox.
Reboot.

Now, when you press the power button, press reboot and you should get reboot into recovery. Press it.... and... let's hope it works!

Arioman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Ok let's try another method with frameworks.
The following power menu is specific for Xperia phones, so "reboot to recovery" should work fine here.

1) Install Xposed framework

Download here: http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.ro...osed.installer
Copy into phone memory and install like a normal application.
Open the app, go to the "Framework" section and click on "Install/Update"
Reboot.

2) Install ADVANCED POWER MENU

Download this way:
Open Xposed Installer App and go to the "download" section.
Download and install ADVANCED POWER MENU
Now go to the "Modules" section (you will also get there if you click on the notification warning you that the module is not enabled yet).
Enable the module by checking the checkbox.
Reboot.

Now, when you press the power button, press reboot and you should get reboot into recovery. Press it.... and... let's hope it works!
thanks i will check this tomorrow and wish it work

it`s strange that My phone not vibrate or LEd light up on Power ON , i heard even if recovery not installed they must happend ...

only for precaution i want to Dowload a 4.1.2 Firmware for my Phone so if your way not work maybe be i try to Flash a Fresh 4.1.2 Rom and strat root and Recovery installing again ...

which build you recommend to download for better compatibility with CWM and root ?? 140 or 489 or ...

istux
Old
Thanks Meter 400
Quote:
which build you recommend to download for better compatibility with CWM and root ?? 140 or 489 or ...
You are on 140 now, so I would begin with 489...

Arioman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
You are on 140 now, so I would begin with 489...
Xposed framework not work too

Finally as i thought the Problem is something about Stock Rom install on Phone When i buy it

i flash 4.1.2 Build 140 Again with Flash Tools

this Time After Boot Phone I get a Blue LED in SONY Logo and After your Instruction Root and Recovery Works Well !!

and After that I Flash 4.3 .210 with Root Easily

thank you so much Dear Friend

i put this tutorial in my website http://7khat-design.com/sony-v-insta...4-3-build-210/ , cause i know many users want to do this .
The Following User Says Thank You to Arioman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

istux
Old
(Last edited by istux; 24th May 2014 at 01:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 400
Quote:
Xposed framework not work too

Finally as i thought the Problem is something about Stock Rom install on Phone When i buy it

i flash 4.1.2 Build 140 Again with Flash Tools

this Time After Boot Phone I get a Blue LED in SONY Logo and After your Instruction Root and Recovery Works Well !!

and After that I Flash 4.3 .210 with Root Easily

thank you so much Dear Friend

i put this tutorial in my website http://7khat-design.com/sony-v-insta...4-3-build-210/ , cause i know many users want to do this .
Glad to have helped you ...and it's nice that your tutorial will help someone else.

I'm not so sure that your stock rom was the problem, because all .140 firmwares are very very similar. I mean, the differences between one brand and another one are only about some apps and some settings (like wifi, etc..) But nothing about deep system!

The best and most reasonable explanation is that your first root messed up something inside your system: in fact the second root was able to correct, but not completely.
Flashing a new .140 erased everything was messed up.

Very well...
now I give you another advice: try Xposed framework + Gravitybox It's incredible what you can do with that tool

See you