Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,879 Members 50,326 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to restore to specific stock? (13.3.1.0)

Tip us?

Kindlik
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default How to restore to specific stock? (13.3.1.0)

Hey guys,
Currently I have rooted HDX 7" with 13.3.1.0, and I want to return it to a factory-like condition (no root, no traces of anything).

I was wondering if it's possible to restore to specific stock firmware (13.3.1.0) since the new updates are out (13.3.2.1 and now 13.3.2.2)?
I tried the method described here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2582773 and after I edited the build.prop (lowering the build number), rebooted, and then checked for update, it started to download the update "322095220" (which I believe is the latest). I was hoping it would download an update 13.3.1.0, but obviously it started to download the latest version.

What options do I have? Flash the stock firmware via Safestrap? Wouldn't it brick it since it would be writing over itself?
Are there other options?

Faznx92
Old
(Last edited by Faznx92; 24th May 2014 at 02:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindlik View Post
Hey guys,
Currently I have rooted HDX 7" with 13.3.1.0, and I want to return it to a factory-like condition (no root, no traces of anything).

I was wondering if it's possible to restore to specific stock firmware (13.3.1.0) since the new updates are out (13.3.2.1 and now 13.3.2.2)?
I tried the method described here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2582773 and after I edited the build.prop (lowering the build number), rebooted, and then checked for update, it started to download the update "322095220" (which I believe is the latest). I was hoping it would download an update 13.3.1.0, but obviously it started to download the latest version.

What options do I have? Flash the stock firmware via Safestrap? Wouldn't it brick it since it would be writing over itself?
Are there other options?
You can't.
If your on 13.3.2.2 keep it in airplane mode for the time being. This tool has a proven way to block ota.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.” ― Dr. Seuss

jimyv
Old
(Last edited by jimyv; 24th May 2014 at 04:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 119
Default Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faznx92 View Post
You can't.
If your on 13.3.2.2 keep it in airplane mode for the time being. This tool has a proven way to block ota.
Apparently you are already rooted or you would not be able to edit Prop. The update that you want you will also find on the same page as the routing utility. Download whichever one applies to you for thor or Apollo drop on your card then erase the one it tried to download out of cache then go back and hit the update button once again it should find the one you downloaded and dropped on your Sd card then factory reset. Then if you're not interested in rooting, turn on airplane mode power off device and give it to whoever wants to use it let them know not to take off airplane mode before rooting or it will force update then who knows..
The Following User Says Thank You to jimyv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kindlik
Old
(Last edited by Kindlik; 24th May 2014 at 04:38 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimyv View Post
Apparently you are already rooted or you would not be able to edit Prop. The update that you want you will also find on the same page as the routing utility. Download whichever one applies to you for thor or Apollo drop on your card then erase the one it tried to download out of cache then go back and hit the update button once again it should find the one you downloaded and dropped on your Sd card then factory reset. Then if you're not interested in rooting, turn on airplane mode power off device and give it to whoever wants to use it let them know not to take off airplane mode before rooting or it will force update then who knows..
Correct, I am rooted and still on 13.3.1.0., not on 13.3.2.2.

Awesome, I followed your advice and it worked. Thanks!

For those who want step by step instruction how to make your Kindle HDX "look like new", follow the steps here.

You will also need to modify the build.prop before you try to update.
Then download the update file, drop it on the sdcard (aka Kindle / Internal Storage), reboot and go to the System Updates section and finish the update.

If you don't modify the build.prop, you will get an error "Unable to complete update because the update file is an earlier version than the one on your device".

You will also need to do Reset to Factory Defaults, because even after the update you will still have your icons like Safestrap, SuperSU, but they will not be working without the root.

Now you have a clean Kindle HDX.

Don't forget to disable the updates again if needed!