Availability of EVDO Data with MTS India omh RUIM in xt926 razr hd maxx after Kitkat

OP avishekghosh

21st May 2014, 08:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kharagpur
Thanks Meter: 22

108 posts
More
I am from India. I am using xt926 with MTS omh with evdo data n voice. I want to to know if i update my handset to KitKat officially with stock ota firmware will i get the evdo data n voice with mts omh as earlier?

I am with locked bootloader n rooted(with system version 9.16.6). I am really a noob in matter related to flashing. N i don't want to unlock bootloader. I want to use the official firmware through ota method just like i updated my phone with 4.1.2 from 4.1.1 earlier.

So is it safe for me upgrade because hsd data n voice through Indian cdma operator's omh is my primary requirement(i need this) n i don't want to mess my phone with complicated process?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk Pro
21st May 2014, 02:57 PM   |  #2  
Flag Binjai,North Sumatra
Thanks Meter: 224

731 posts
I'm also using CDMA and I can confirm u that my Evdo data works fine without glitches. Voice and text is normal just like on JB. Signal strength is much better and battery life on cdma is a lot better. I'm glad that I flash KitKat official on my Maxx HD coz it performs smooth and fast.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to huatz84 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2014, 04:38 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kharagpur

108 posts
More
Thanks for your prompt reply. Btw which Indian cdma operator u r using with maxx hd? Omh based or programming based?

N how you got kitkat? Directly download the ota by phone(normal updates process) or by following any flashing tutorial? If you followed any tutorial can you pls share the link! Thanks in advance.

Last edited by avishekghosh; 22nd May 2014 at 04:40 AM.
22nd May 2014, 12:56 PM   |  #4  

731 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by avishekghosh

Thanks for your prompt reply. Btw which Indian cdma operator u r using with maxx hd? Omh based or programming based?

N how you got kitkat? Directly download the ota by phone(normal updates process) or by following any flashing tutorial? If you followed any tutorial can you pls share the link! Thanks in advance.

Nope..I'm from Indonesia. My operator is Smartfren with RUIM.

I downloaded the OTA directly on PC and copied it to my sdcard and follow instructions here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2749157
Been using Kitkat for a week and I'm really satisfied with it. The only drawback I think is the blur launcher which is not transparency anymore. I replace it with Nova launcher prime.
The Following User Says Thank You to huatz84 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kharagpur

108 posts
More
Do you already had unlocked bootloader before upgrading to KitKat or you have locked bl till now?

So you are able to use both evdo n voice with ruim with your xt926 now like earlier! Hope i will able to do so.

24th May 2014, 01:24 PM   |  #6  

731 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by avishekghosh

Do you already had unlocked bootloader before upgrading to KitKat or you have locked bl till now?

So you are able to use both evdo n voice with ruim with your xt926 now like earlier! Hope i will able to do so.

I have a locked one. It works just like used to be. And I notice my CDMA operator can be displayed correctly after flashing KitKat. It used to be displayed as unknown text.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread