ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Forced Factory Reset, PLZ help me reroot BNTV-250A

OP tarachristina31

22nd May 2014, 08:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Madison Alabama
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.......this is my first post but I have spent ALOT of time reading on here and i dont know where to go from here....I bought my nook Tablet from a friend and it came stock with 4.4.2. KIt Kat and somehow my son got my SD card that had my recovery and back ups on it and well to make a long story short, I went through a few endless boot loops, ROMS, sleepless nights on XDA and just about anything you can imagine untill it hit its 8th consecutive "loop" and here we are......biggest problem is though that I cant get into admin account on my computer sooooo....short of having to find a friends house to drag my kids off to to fix "Mommies toy" I really need some help if at all possible. My computer doesn't read this "new" nook because it was an Android the other day and I know what it feels like.....it was pretty hard having to wake up to a TOTALLY STOCK Nook from a 4.4 with TWRP and Paranoid Android.

Ps....if nothing else if anyone can point me in a real direction to reset my admin password on a HP running Windows 7 that would be great also, I would factory reset it but the settings require the password....its pretty crazy....Thank you in advance
Noob Mom :fingers-crossed
22nd May 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 424
 
1,396 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Does your SD card contain the CWM recovery and ROM backup and is still intact?

If so then you should be able to boot off the SD card into recovery (by inserting a powered USB into the NT while it's in power-off state) and and restore from back up.
The Following User Says Thank You to digixmax For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2014, 04:04 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Madison Alabama
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by digixmax

Does your SD card contain the CWM recovery and ROM backup and is still intact?

If so then you should be able to boot off the SD card into recovery (by inserting a powered USB into the NT while it's in power-off state) and and restore from back up.

Please forgive me but tell me exactly where and what I need to look for to make sure, I have a wifi file explorer opened up on my nook because I cant re-install the drivers on my Win7 pc because of the stupid ADMIN password. So can i just add\delete\move....whatever files necessary around to make it work or am i going to have to be able to connect it to my pc?? Also, when you say for me to just restore from back up, how would i do that because i cant seem to be able to boot into anything except Factory "N".
24th May 2014, 02:36 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 424
 
1,396 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
The process for restoring from SD card using SD-based CWM recovery is as follows:
  1. Put the SD card into the NT, and boot from its power off by inserting a powered USB cable. Press and hold the N button as soon as CyanoBoot comes up to get the boot menu to display. Use volume up/down buttons to navigate, N button to select, and Power button to return to a parent menu.
  2. Select "SDC Recovery" to load CWM recovery.
  3. Select "Backup and restore".
  4. Select "Restore from SD card".
  5. ...
  6. Select "Reboot".
Last edited by digixmax; 24th May 2014 at 03:07 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to digixmax For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th May 2014, 10:00 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Madison Alabama
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by digixmax

The process for restoring from SD card using SD-based CWM recovery is as follows:

  1. Put the SD card into the NT, and boot from its power off by inserting a powered USB cable. Press and hold the N button as soon as CyanoBoot comes up to get the boot menu to display. Use volume up/down buttons to navigate, N button to select, and Power button to return to a parent menu.
  2. Select "SDC Recovery" to load CWM recovery.
  3. Select "Backup and restore".
  4. Select "Restore from SD card".
  5. ...
  6. Select "Reboot".




Gosh...I only wish it was that easy....I cant get it to the CyanoBoot menu anymore.....I guess the factory reset wiped it all off....and i have back ups and recoveries all over the place Im just not sure if everything is where it needs to be or if I just need to try and start over....if so, where should I start because most of the forums I have found are older and the links dont work.....
24th May 2014, 10:26 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Madison Alabama
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarachristina31

Gosh...I only wish it was that easy....I cant get it to the CyanoBoot menu anymore.....I guess the factory reset wiped it all off....and i have back ups and recoveries all over the place Im just not sure if everything is where it needs to be or if I just need to try and start over....if so, where should I start because most of the forums I have found are older and the links dont work.....


Oh yea, I almost forgot.....my Windows 7 PC will now recognize my nook,I am just unable to install anything to the computer or run anything as an administrator.....also.....my first problem really still is that I cant get into the hidden settings to allow 3rd party apps....I must just be missing something because it really shouldn't be this hard.....Thanks
24th May 2014, 02:52 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 424
 
1,396 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarachristina31

Gosh...I only wish it was that easy....I cant get it to the CyanoBoot menu anymore.....I guess the factory reset wiped it all off....and i have back ups and recoveries all over the place Im just not sure if everything is where it needs to be or if I just need to try and start over....if so, where should I start because most of the forums I have found are older and the links dont work.....

See http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=163 for how to install CM10.x internally on emmc.

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarachristina31

Oh yea, I almost forgot.....my Windows 7 PC will now recognize my nook,I am just unable to install anything to the computer or run anything as an administrator.....also.....my first problem really still is that I cant get into the hidden settings to allow 3rd party apps....I must just be missing something because it really shouldn't be this hard.....Thanks

It should be in Settings->Security->Unknown Source.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes