Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,034 Members 46,816 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Google Maps and Navigation on Nokia X?

Tip us?

TacTieTee
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Question [Q] Google Maps and Navigation on Nokia X?

Hello Guys,

Since I m using a locally branded device, it has a namesake GPS functionality which never works properly therefore want to buy a secondary handset with navigation as the primary usage.

I have zeroed in on two budget phones, NOKIA X and MOTO E. Moto E has GPS and GLONASS while Nokia X is equipped with GPS only.

Anyways, the brighter side to Nokia X is that it has HERE MAPS. What about GOOGLE MAPS and voice guided navigation on NOKIA X? Is the GAPPS porting offering this facility? Kindly help me out. thanx.

Dom3616
Old
Thanks Meter 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacTieTee View Post
Hello Guys,

Since I m using a locally branded device, it has a namesake GPS functionality which never works properly therefore want to buy a secondary handset with navigation as the primary usage.

I have zeroed in on two budget phones, NOKIA X and MOTO E. Moto E has GPS and GLONASS while Nokia X is equipped with GPS only.

Anyways, the brighter side to Nokia X is that it has HERE MAPS. What about GOOGLE MAPS and voice guided navigation on NOKIA X? Is the GAPPS porting offering this facility? Kindly help me out. thanx.
Yes, sir. It does add all this functionality I guess. You just need to download the Google Maps from Play Store.
A Nokia Dev. Currently working on Lewa OS for Nokia XL and KitKat.

My works:

ItsMyUserName
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom3616 View Post
Yes, sir. It does add all this functionality I guess. You just need to download the Google Maps from Play Store.
you can easily flash Gapps on your Nokia X even without root