Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,664 Members 42,904 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck in bootloop after editing build prop

Tip us?

Shivank Magotra
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up [Q] Stuck in bootloop after editing build prop

Hello! i am currently using Note 2 GT-N7100 with DN3 v4 RC2 ROM. And i edited the build prop and now i am unable to start my phone. i had created a backup of my build prop but i cannot restore it. and abd sideload is not working. i am currently using TWRP recovery. Please Help me as i don't want to lose my data and re-download it. Also if someone can provide me with the update.zip file it would be appreciated.Please help me Guys. Reply ASAP and sorry for my english.

Best Regards,
Shivank

mohit141785
Old
Thanks Meter 252
If you have a nand backup just restore it. Else just dirty flash the rom you are using.( without any wipes in recovery)
The Following User Says Thank You to mohit141785 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Shivank Magotra
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit141785 View Post
If you have a nand backup just restore it. Else just dirty flash the ROM you are using.( without any wipes in recovery)
?
but if i will flash the ROM again will it stuck in bootloop, if i do not wipe dalvik system cache?

Shivank Magotra
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit141785 View Post
If you have a nand backup just restore it. Else just dirty flash the rom you are using.( without any wipes in recovery)
Thanks mate . I thought that i will end up downloading my apps again and configuring the settings but you helped me. thanx Alot!!!!!!

smeet.somaiya
Old
Thanks Meter 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank Magotra View Post
Thanks mate . I thought that i will end up downloading my apps again and configuring the settings but you helped me. thanx Alot!!!!!!
One more thing. There is an inbuilt file manager in TWRP recovery. You can use it to restore build.prop and set permissions.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to smeet.somaiya For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]