TA

Search This thread

Thraxzzz

Mar 18, 2013
Singapore
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I'm a previous Z1 user and thinking of getting the z2, can the TA be backed up? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my LG-D958 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Carphedon

Nov 13, 2010
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I'm a previous Z1 user and thinking of getting the z2, can the TA be backed up? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my LG-D958 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

There is no method of backing up the TA partition yet. You don't loose much by wiping the DRM keys though. The only thing that i noticed stopped working was the video unlimited service which most of us probably don't use anyway. X-Reality engine and camera keep working without DRM keys.

Last edited:

numskull

Oct 19, 2010
There is no method of backing up the TA partition yet. You don't loose much by wiping the DRM keys though. The only thing that i noticed stopped working was the video unlimited service which most of us probably don't use anyway. X-Reality engine and camera keep working without DRM keys.

my x reality isnt working since i unlocked

numskull

Oct 19, 2010
Follow those steps if you are sure it's not working for you. Take 2 screenshots with and without x-reality and compare them on your computer. X-Reality is working perfectly fine.

Not only have i done that, i also posted the screenshots on here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2755893 there is no difference

Edit, my mistake, didnt click link lol, i havent reflashed a stock firmware n to be honest i cant be bothered either.... x reality dont do much anyway

Last edited:

feis

Dec 30, 2008
If you are talking about post with blue cigarette pack and blue monitor, then its quite obvious xreality is working, you have to be blind to not see that oversaturation

jorgex94

Mar 14, 2014
La Paz
When you have a method for root access on a locked bootloader, I think it will be possible to backup

Enviado desde mi Xperia TX

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
To clear up some doubts

Doomlord has mentioned nothing at all breaks with 4.4 when you unlock your bootloader

It seems all of Z2s ive had hand with havent had any affect of unlocking your bootloader

Backing up your TA partition isnt posible at this time probably because no one has even tried

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

numskull

Oct 19, 2010
If you are talking about post with blue cigarette pack and blue monitor, then its quite obvious xreality is working, you have to be blind to not see that oversaturation

yes im talking about pics with cigarette packet and monitor, this thread, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2755893&page=3 page 3, post 28, as anyone can clearly see there is absolutely no difference in the first 2 pics (do note the blu in the title = bootloader unlocked) and then in the next 2 pics (please note the lb in the title for locked bootloader) there is clearly a difference.

Edit: my mistake, thought envious data wrote that (hmmmm maybe i do have vision issues after all lol). Deleted the bit that wasnt aimed at feis

Last edited:

m33ts4k0z

Jul 16, 2011
Örebro
yes im talking about pics with cigarette packet and monitor, this thread, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2755893&page=3 page 3, post 28, as anyone can clearly see there is absolutely no difference in the first 2 pics (do note the blu in the title = bootloader unlocked) and then in the next 2 pics (please note the lb in the title for locked bootloader) there is clearly a difference.

Edit: my mistake, thought envious data wrote that (hmmmm maybe i do have vision issues after all lol). Deleted the bit that wasnt aimed at feis

Your x-Reality engine is working as intended. You got no issues.

EazyVG

Jan 2, 2007
Moscow, Russia
Your notebook is fine, the effects of X-Reality can be seen on only Sony devices supporting the feature and only on Sony apps, such as Album and Movies. I am sure that I am correct in my presumption.

Either ways I personally do not care, care more audio output quality.

raducanmihai

Aug 24, 2011
Brașov
Your notebook is fine, the effects of X-Reality can be seen on only Sony devices supporting the feature and only on Sony apps, such as Album and Movies. I am sure that I am correct in my presumption.

You are correct and also wrong. It can be seen only on phone's screen but the pictures in that thread are screen snapshots from Album, so you see a difference (pictures 3-4, closeup of the cigarette pack)

Last edited:

numskull

Oct 19, 2010

Either ways I personally do not care, care more audio output quality.

lol i know its fine, as i know my x-reality is no longer working. It dont come across well in text but saying it was f****** was pure sarcasm