Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,016 Members 51,677 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I also have bricked my M8

Tip us?

sfreemanoh
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDogg718 View Post
I cant do anything in twrp. I can factory reset but when i go to install anything or restore a backup it boots right back to that HTC screen
So you've tried doing a factory reset, and afterwards it still just gets stuck during boot? And do you mean it boots back to the HTC boot screen after restoring an image and rebooting, or you select "Restore image" (or whatever) and it instantly reboots and gets stuck?

BDogg718
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1053
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfreemanoh View Post
So you've tried doing a factory reset, and afterwards it still just gets stuck during boot? And do you mean it boots back to the HTC boot screen after restoring an image and rebooting, or you select "Restore image" (or whatever) and it instantly reboots and gets stuck?
Yep and now I really have a brick..I cant even get it to turn on. If i hold the power and volume down button for ten sec i get htc scren for 3 sec then phone goes bye bye. Im screwed. Thanx for the help guys.
HTC One M8 Viper 1.6
Samsung Fascinate KK 4.4.2 Dirty Unicorns
Samsung Note II (VZW) Stock
John 3:16
Can't thank these people enough-------> Unjustified Dev --- DerTeufel1980 --- bbrad --- notta --- jt1134 --- pawitp --- koush

wtoj34
Old
Thanks Meter 139
Out if curiosity how did you get to this state by trying to flash a sound mod?

Sent from Tapatalk on my one m8
If I help any one any where at any time, please let me know by clicking thanks!
Current devices: HTC ONE M8, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Xoom Former devices: Droid X2, Droid Charge, Note 2,

BDogg718
Old
(Last edited by BDogg718; 23rd May 2014 at 09:52 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1053
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtoj34 View Post
Out if curiosity how did you get to this state by trying to flash a sound mod?

Sent from Tapatalk on my one m8
I was trying to do this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2737498 and after doing what issue 1 said I rebooted and got a unauthorized device warning. was finally able to get back to hboot and recovery but nothing would work..wiping, factory resetting..nothing. I just had to order new one. I hate mistakes that cost $..lol
Its my own dumbass fault. I shouldve just let it alone. Was running great on viper 1.6
HTC One M8 Viper 1.6
Can't thank these people enough-------> Unjustified Dev --- DerTeufel1980 --- bbrad --- notta --- jt1134 --- pawitp --- koush

richii0207
Old
Thanks Meter 435
Have you tried flashing any Rom? You can't boot into the OS following a factory reset in TWRP, you will always end up with what you're getting

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

BDogg718
Old
(Last edited by BDogg718; 23rd May 2014 at 11:54 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1053
Quote:
Originally Posted by richii0207 View Post
Have you tried flashing any Rom? You can't boot into the OS following a factory reset in TWRP, you will always end up with what you're getting

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app
It is impossible for me to flash a rom. Cant get into a recovery to do it.
Ok so update: I was SOMEHOW able to get into recovery(TWRP) but no matter what i try to do it just reboots back into recovery..any ideas?
EDIT: gonna try verizon RUU. Fingers crossed
HTC One M8 Viper 1.6

sfobrien
Old
Thanks Meter 259
Just a thought here. TWRP can install from USB. I have flashed from a thumbdrive in the past on an S3. You may be able to do same. I know this is a shot in the dark but may help.
Steve

Mike02z
Old
Thanks Meter 319
Will it just sit at the recovery screen or does it boot before you touch anything? If it will sit at the TWRP main screen you should be able to boot into hboot via adb and try a reflash of twrp or CWM. Your recovery may be corrupt.
HTC One (M8)
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 P900
Microsoft Surface Pro 128

1ManWolfePack
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1761
You're definitely not bricked. You're catching breaks left and right.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW

BDogg718
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1053
Would a moderator kindly close this thread as I have fixed my problem. Thank you!

After toying around with it for HOURS! Somehow I was able to get it to boot into hboot. Which from there was ablt to fastboot an RUU and profit! Funny thing is I had already made a claim with the Big Red V. Called them back to say that I had found my phone...too late claim already in..lol. Now I have a brand new phone on its way and a mini-tab and dev device I guess..lol
HTC One M8 Viper 1.6

The Following User Says Thank You to BDogg718 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]