Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Help please: Twrp 2.7 doesn't work

OP kindleoonisi

23rd May 2014, 10:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Before updating to 2.7, I used TWRP 2.6.3.1 at my 7" kindle Fire HD (Firmware version 7.4.8). But after updating, it doesn't work. It cannot backup with the following error message:
"E:Storage partition '\\TWRP\backup\D025A0A0249411F2' not found".

I download the zip file from "Mirror 1 : Download (Goo.im)" at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2218796
Md5sum is 785f40ec03c2e10a60bb8dfe4e4f1174.

Please help me.
23rd May 2014, 04:28 PM   |  #2  
stunts513's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 610
 
2,230 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
Um I'm assuming the first part was suppose to say /sdcard/
Try flashing the twrp zip. Double check that data is mounted and browsable.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to stunts513 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th May 2014, 01:22 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513

Um I'm assuming the first part was suppose to say /sdcard/
Try flashing the twrp zip. Double check that data is mounted and browsable.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk

Thank you.

I'll try it.
24th May 2014, 08:13 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513

Um I'm assuming the first part was suppose to say /sdcard/
Try flashing the twrp zip. Double check that data is mounted and browsable.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk

Thank you very much.

It is ok by following steps:
tap 'Mount'
tap 'Storage:Internal Storage
select 'Internal Storage'
tap 'ok'

Then I got a backup and when I tap 'Restory', it can be found at the list.

But, for the backup files by 2.6.3.1, I can not find them at the list, although both files(by 2.6.3.1 and 2.7.0.0) can be found in same folder /sdcard/TWRP/BACKUPS/.

Is there any wrong? Please help me.
24th May 2014, 08:24 AM   |  #5  
LinearEquation's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 425
 
1,746 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Donate to Me
I wonder if this has to do with the newer TWRP switching to SELinux. For some reason this has happened to a few people when flashing from 2.6 to 2.7.0.0 TWRP. Your old backup may still be viewable through ES File Explorer after you flash a ROM and it may be gone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to LinearEquation For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th May 2014, 08:29 AM   |  #6  
stunts513's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 610
 
2,230 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
It's because idk if you noticed but that number in the backups folder is your serial number, older versions of twrp I guess didn't read the serial and defaulted to 000000000000 as the folder, just move your backups into the new folder it created and twrp should recognize them.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to stunts513 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th May 2014, 03:45 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513

It's because idk if you noticed but that number in the backups folder is your serial number, older versions of twrp I guess didn't read the serial and defaulted to 000000000000 as the folder, just move your backups into the new folder it created and twrp should recognize them.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk

It is ok by moving them to the same folder.

Thank you very much!
24th May 2014, 03:50 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinearEquation

I wonder if this has to do with the newer TWRP switching to SELinux. For some reason this has happened to a few people when flashing from 2.6 to 2.7.0.0 TWRP. Your old backup may still be viewable through ES File Explorer after you flash a ROM and it may be gone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thank you

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes