Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Anybody used progressive lenses like ...

OP gdude

17th May 2014, 07:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

13 posts
Has anybody here tried using progressive lenses with Glass? I tried Glass over my progressives and it seemed fine, but of course wearing Glass over a separate pair of glasses is very ugly. When I got the prescription frames, I discovered they were apparently incompatible with progressive lenses (as well as bifocals), or at least that's what the local stores said. This greatly limits how convenient Glass is for me.

I recently saw the Wetley GGRX Adapter w/ Custom Multifocal Progressive Lenses for Google Glass advertised. Has anybody tried these? I am pretty squeamish about ordering expensive corrective lenses over the Internet and would welcome any feedback.
Last edited by gdude; 22nd May 2014 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Clarification
19th May 2014, 08:37 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 9

118 posts
More
I got the Google Bold frames and had my progressive prescription put in them. They work extremely well. It was also a fun way to turn a $1500 purchase into a $2300 expense. But it's only money. If I didn't spend it on that I'd probably just waste it on food.
22nd May 2014, 03:35 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethutch

I got the Google Bold frames and had my progressive prescription put in them. They work extremely well. It was also a fun way to turn a $1500 purchase into a $2300 expense. But it's only money. If I didn't spend it on that I'd probably just waste it on food.

Thanks. I tried two local eyeglass chains and both said the "thin" Glass frames I have were incompatible with progressive lenses. Maybe the "bold" frames are different in that regard.
23rd May 2014, 04:03 PM   |  #4  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude

Thanks. I tried two local eyeglass chains and both said the "thin" Glass frames I have were incompatible with progressive lenses. Maybe the "bold" frames are different in that regard.

I have the split glass frames which aren't that different from the thin frames and it wasn't a problem at all. I did go to a doctor that was glass certified, not that I think that should make that much of a difference.
24th May 2014, 03:55 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 47

402 posts
More
I went to two Glass approved optometrists and neither had an issue with a progressive in the thin frames.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread