Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,145 Members 44,767 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] will updating to CM 11 wipe data?

Tip us?

no_username_available
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Default [Q] will updating to CM 11 wipe data?

i got the update notification but wanted to know if it would wipe my data, i installed CM 10.2.1 and gapps via recovery, if you need more info i can provide but I'm not too sure whats needed thanks in advance guys

passion8059
Old
Thanks Meter 9
no it wouldn't, but i'd do a nandroid backup just incase and flash gapps 4.4.2 to make play more compatible with kitkat (cm11)
The Following User Says Thank You to passion8059 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

no_username_available
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by passion8059 View Post
no it wouldn't, but i'd do a nandroid backup just incase and flash gapps 4.4.2 to make play more compatible with kitkat (cm11)
thanks, its a snapshot update ( not too sure what that is yet ) and i made a titanium backup already, does nandroid allow you to restore via recovery?

Bandaid_nyc
Old
(Last edited by Bandaid_nyc; 22nd May 2014 at 12:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_username_available View Post
thanks, its a snapshot update ( not too sure what that is yet ) and i made a titanium backup already, does nandroid allow you to restore via recovery?
If the backup you made was via CWM you can restore from there as well. Just make sure you find the right path to your backup. Example: i have my backup on my micro sd card, I would select Backup and Restore, select Restore from / storage / sdcard1 and then select which backup you would like to restore.

Hope this helps
The Following User Says Thank You to Bandaid_nyc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

no_username_available
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandaid_nyc View Post
If the backup you made was via CWM you can restore from there as well. Just make sure you find the right path to your backup. Example: i have my backup on my micro sd card, I would select Backup and Restore, select Restore from / storage / sdcard1 and then select which backup you would like to restore.

Hope this helps
that help a ton man thanks! just one last thing, how do i back up from cwm? would i go into recovery and backup?

Bandaid_nyc
Old
Thanks Meter 9
If your backing up to your SD Card, After you boot into CWM, select Backup and Restore, select Backup to / storage / sdcard1....profit!
The Following User Says Thank You to Bandaid_nyc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

no_username_available
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandaid_nyc View Post
If your backing up to your SD Card, After you boot into CWM, select Backup and Restore, select Backup to / storage / sdcard1....profit!
thanks a ton m8

Bandaid_nyc
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Thats what we're here for.