Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Camera issues. What's the point of OIS if...

OP brian85

24th May 2014, 04:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 98

926 posts
Ok, let me try to explain.

On all my previous phones with OIS, I would set the ISO at 200 and leave it at that permanently. That way the night shots wouldn't be full of noise and the camera would adjust its shutter speed to get the most light.

One of the benefits of OIS is a "floating lens" so it should have a longer shutter speed with not as much blur as a camera without it. My problem with this camera is it still bumps up the ISO to extremely high levels in normal and IA mode, thus giving tons of noise in low light shots. Usually this is solved by setting the ISO at 200 and "forcing" it to have a longer shutter, but the problem with this camera is it doesn't. At 200 ISO, the low light pics should come out close to what you actually see with your eyes (as it did on my previous phones, like the lumia line) but it doesn't. It's WAY TOO DARK. It seems like it keeps the same shutter speed it would use even if it had 1600 ISO.

Do any of the camera mods fix this issue instead of just adding features like 4k video? I might root my phone if they fix this.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread