[Q] Cannot create rom slot 1

OP Morkai Almandragon

23rd May 2014, 06:38 PM   |  #11  
Flag Colton, NY
Thanks Meter: 978

3,211 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by comweasel

LOL... I joined to root my old Moto Razr when they came back and then I completely for got about this site since I was not into doing custom roms on it. Then I found this again when I got my N3. LOL wish I could just say I am lazy.

Well, welcome back.
23rd May 2014, 06:59 PM   |  #12  
Flag Grand Island, Nebraska
Thanks Meter: 3

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmaxx23

Well, welcome back.

Thanks.
24th May 2014, 02:09 PM   |  #13  
Flag Santa Fe
Thanks Meter: 9

51 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolly_roger_hook

Ive been able to create slots and install roms on 4.4.2 kitkat I know ot says you cant but ive been able to get stock and slot 1-2 to work

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

So your slot 1 and 2 booted? I was able to create a slot and install a rom, but when I boot into it, it just hangs at black screen. I have to pull the battery to get back to recovery to select main slot. Would be really nice to get a fully working safestrap for KK.
24th May 2014, 02:42 PM   |  #14  
Flag Colton, NY

3,211 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider5236

So your slot 1 and 2 booted? I was able to create a slot and install a rom, but when I boot into it, it just hangs at black screen. I have to pull the battery to get back to recovery to select main slot. Would be really nice to get a fully working safestrap for KK.

Mine boot fine also, are you sure the slots are being created? Are you seeing an "unable to mount system" message when you flash the ROM?
24th May 2014, 02:56 PM   |  #15  
Flag Santa Fe

51 posts
More
Quote:

Mine boot fine also, are you sure the slots are being created? Are you seeing an "unable to mount system" message when you flash the ROM?

I never noticed any errors? I tried it a couple times but no joy. I can try again and see if I get any errors. Will report results later. I do know that the dev has stated that 3.72 beta was not capable of installing multiple rom slots, but have heard others with success, so not sure if it is just by chance the few have gotten this to work or what.
24th May 2014, 03:16 PM   |  #16  
Flag Colton, NY

3,211 posts
Quote:

I never noticed any errors? I tried it a couple times but no joy. I can try again and see if I get any errors. Will report results later. I do know that the dev has stated that 3.72 beta was not capable of installing multiple rom slots, but have heard others with success, so not sure if it is just by chance the few have gotten this to work or what.

Also, if it can't mount the system your ROM slots will not be created properly. You can tell if they didn't work by looking at the size of the system partition after creating the slot, if it didn't work it will say 0 (zero). As someone else suggested, if you increase the partition sizes (even by the smallest increment possible) they will get created and work. The only thing I've noticed is that rebooting does not work and requires a battery pull.

Hopefully this helps you.
The Following User Says Thank You to airmaxx23 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th May 2014, 03:21 PM   |  #17  
Flag Santa Fe

51 posts
More
Quote:

Also, if it can't mount the system your ROM slots will not be created properly. You can tell if they didn't work by looking at the size of the system partition after creating the slot, if it didn't work it will say 0 (zero). As someone else suggested, if you increase the partition sizes (even by the smallest increment possible) they will get created and work. The only thing I've noticed is that rebooting does not work and requires a battery pull.

Hopefully this helps you.

Sounds good. I would not have thought of increasing the size to force it to take. Not sure what it read after creating as I did not notice. But I will check that as well. Thanks for the advice. Now I have something to play around with this afternoon.
24th May 2014, 03:42 PM   |  #18  
Flag Colton, NY

3,211 posts
Quote:

Sounds good. I would not have thought of increasing the size to force it to take. Not sure what it read after creating as I did not notice. But I will check that as well. Thanks for the advice. Now I have something to play around with this afternoon.

Please post back and let us know how it went.
The Following User Says Thank You to airmaxx23 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th May 2014, 04:12 PM   |  #19  
Flag Santa Fe

51 posts
More
Quote:

Please post back and let us know how it went.

Saweeeeet!!! Total success. I wiped the slot and re created it with uping each of the three partitions by one bump. That did not work as the partition size said 0 space available. So I wiped again and just bumped the first two up. That time it took and showed the partition at correct size. I installed Hyperdrive on it and it installed and booted just fine.

Thanks again for the help. Totally stoked that I can test out other roms again without wiping the main slot.
The Following User Says Thank You to strider5236 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th May 2014, 04:14 PM   |  #20  
Flag Colton, NY

3,211 posts
Quote:

Saweeeeet!!! Total success. I wiped the slot and re created it with uping each of the three partitions by one bump. That did not work as the partition size said 0 space available. So I wiped again and just bumped the first two up. That time it took and showed the partition at correct size. I installed Hyperdrive on it and it installed and booted just fine.

Thanks again for the help. Totally stoked that I can test out other roms again without wiping the main slot.

Great, I'm glad it worked for you.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread