Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 51,613 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hey sub! Loved my HTC One [M7] until it entered a so-far-unfixable bootloop...

Tip us?

cannedpeaches
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Hey sub! Loved my HTC One [M7] until it entered a so-far-unfixable bootloop...

Hey guys! First off, I don't know if I'm posting in the right place, but I hope I am. I jumped on this phone on my first switch back to Android after a while spent on an iPhone 4S and have loved modifying it as much as any Android user can, but I ran into trouble.

I started having issues playing Spotify over Bluetooth in my car about a week ago. I figured it must have something to do with that app or another on my phone, so I factory reset it. It worked wonderfully for a day or so and then... turned it off at night and it started into a boot loop I since haven't been able to fix.

I knew next to nothing about unlocking the bootloader, fastboot commands, adb commands, alternate recoveries and ROMs before I started. My googling has been very productive and I feel semi-educated now, but I'm stuck in a bind.

Basically, because it's bootlooping I can't launch into the OS, so adb commands appear to be useless. But they also appear to be necessary to load the recovery I want to load (any recovery really), because "fastboot flash recovery" with most recent TWRM and Clockwork will write, but when I try to enter recovery, it says "Entering recovery..." in pink and then bootloops again.

I downloaded a sweet looking toolkit that'll download CWM and TWRP and flash for me, but it's effectively the same thing as flashing via command prompt, I think. I can't switch to S-Off or install a Superuser without being able to boot so I can use ADB commands.

I've done "fastboot erase cache" to no avail. I've tried to RUU but every available RUU version won't write because I'm S-On and updated to the most recent OS.

Is there some way to execute adb commands with a phone that won't enter the OS? Or is there something else I haven't tried yet?

SaHiLzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 395
Is your phone out of warranty!

cannedpeaches
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ View Post
Is your phone out of warranty!
Not yet! Is that the next step though? I had very much hoped I'd be able to claw back to life.

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2699
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannedpeaches View Post
Not yet! Is that the next step though? I had very much hoped I'd be able to claw back to life.
Well if it started bootlooping by itself (ie you didn't flash anything wrong), then it's likely a hardware problem.

Can you post a "fastboot getvar all" (excluding IMEI and s/n), and a screenshot of bootloader.

cannedpeaches
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
Well if it started bootlooping by itself (ie you didn't flash anything wrong), then it's likely a hardware problem.

Can you post a "fastboot getvar all" (excluding IMEI and s/n), and a screenshot of bootloader.
I didn't flash anything, no, but back last October I did unlock the bootloader via HTC's Dev site, in preparation to try a custom ROM, which I never tried.

My getvar is below!

Code:
version: 0.5
version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
version-baseband: 1.00.20.1108
version-cpld: None
version-microp: None
version-main: 4.06.651.9
version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
serialno: FA36LS910945
imei: 990001469226849
meid: 99000146922684
product: m7_wls
platform: HBOOT-8064
modelid: PN0720000
cidnum: SPCS_001
battery-status: low
battery-voltage: 3594mV
partition-layout: Generic
security: on
build-mode: SHIP
boot-mode: FASTBOOT
commitno-bootloader: dirty-4dab9d12
hbootpreupdate: 11
gencheckpt: 0

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2699
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannedpeaches View Post
I didn't flash anything, no, but back last October I did unlock the bootloader via HTC's Dev site, in preparation to try a custom ROM, which I never tried.

My getvar is below!

Code:
version: 0.5
version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
version-baseband: 1.00.20.1108
version-main: 4.06.651.9
version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
product: m7_wls
modelid: PN0720000
cidnum: SPCS_001
battery-status: low
gencheckpt: 0
Well if you didn't flash anything new, then it's most likely a hardware problem.

And you have a Sprint phone, so are you using a custom recovery for Sprint, eg: http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7wls
because they are different between Sprint and M7_U/UL models (and of course you have checked MD5 on the download)

you may also want to check the Sprint forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-htc-one
most of us here are on m7_u/ul models.