Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,489 Members 46,551 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] autostart.sh and u2nl to init.d

Tip us?

solcam
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Default [Q] autostart.sh and u2nl to init.d

How can I add u2nl to init.d? I have an HTC Evo 4g LTE and need to make android 4.3 Viper4g Rom run my script on boot. I've tried to use Root Explorer and Root Browser apps to manually add them to the init.d folder, set permissions and changed owner and group to root. But my phone won't boot after I've added my script. The name of my script file is autostart.sh and this is what it contains.

#!/system/bin/sh
export PATH="$PATH:/system/bin"
iptables -P INPUT ACCEPT
iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT
iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT
iptables -F
iptables -t nat -F
iptables -X
iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -o rmnet0 -p 6 ! -d 10.132.25.254 -j REDIRECT --to-port 1025
u2nl 10.132.25.254 8080 127.0.0.1 1025 >/dev/null 2>&1 &
sh -c "sleep 5;kill `ps|grep nk.bla.android.autostart|grep -v grep|awk '{print $2}'`" &
exit 0

I know someone here has the knowledge to make this happen. Please advise and assist. Thanks. P.S. I have tried to rename the script to 99data and placed it init.d directory so it would run last but phone won't boot.😵

Lgrootnoob
Old
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by solcam View Post
How can I add u2nl to init.d? I have an HTC Evo 4g LTE and need to make android 4.3 Viper4g Rom run my script on boot. I've tried to use Root Explorer and Root Browser apps to manually add them to the init.d folder, set permissions and changed owner and group to root. But my phone won't boot after I've added my script. The name of my script file is autostart.sh and this is what it contains.

#!/system/bin/sh
export PATH="$PATH:/system/bin"
iptables -P INPUT ACCEPT
iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT
iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT
iptables -F
iptables -t nat -F
iptables -X
iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -o rmnet0 -p 6 ! -d 10.132.25.254 -j REDIRECT --to-port 1025
u2nl 10.132.25.254 8080 127.0.0.1 1025 >/dev/null 2>&1 &
sh -c "sleep 5;kill `ps|grep nk.bla.android.autostart|grep -v grep|awk '{print $2}'`" &
exit 0

I know someone here has the knowledge to make this happen. Please advise and assist. Thanks. P.S. I have tried to rename the script to 99data and placed it init.d directory so it would run last but phone won't boot.��
have you tried a dummy test script that just echos a number to the sdcard file?
No need to download the whole android sdk or put adb in your path anymore!
Just extract my tool and run the adbClientLaunch script.
To get started go here >
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ight=adbclient
My name is Jacob Lane but I prefer to go by Lgrootnoob. (You may also know me as Faelo the music producer)

What have I created? See here:

adbClient
Lg Lucid 2 root and other random contributions to the forums here

solcam
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Thanks for replying. The script term-init.sh that I found elsewhere on XDA, had a test and set perms output file that can be found in /data/Test.log. I have solved the problem on my Evo 4g LTE but, not on my Sprint Galaxy S3. Turns out that I couldn't use Root Explorer to manually add the file! I had to REALLY MANUALLY add the file using the terminal emulator. That worked on the Evo but not the S3. I had placed the scripts in one postboot.rc files on S3 and it worked fine but, my battery seemed to be draining a lot faster, which was not acceptable. So I guess my problem is half solved. So, do you know how to make it work on the S3? Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me.