Ask a question

No registration required

Gear Null Upcoming Appts on homescreen?

OP juiceppc

22nd May 2014, 03:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17

658 posts
Hi I noticed there is a Gear watchface that shows your next upcoming appt. I was wondering if there were any other widgets for the Gear running Null that would show this info. It seems that watch face has some "special" way of retrieving the next appt...

Thanks.
22nd May 2014, 05:30 AM   |  #2  
Flag Chiang Rai
Thanks Meter: 119

591 posts
I use Minimalistic Text widget to show this

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-01-10 15.14.09.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	236.0 KB
ID:	2756767  
Last edited by richlum; 22nd May 2014 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Image upload from phone didn't work
24th May 2014, 01:53 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

658 posts
Hmmm. How is Minimalistic seeing that Appt. data? Mine doesn't? Are you using internet on your Gear? I'm not. I'm only relying on what Gear Manager is syncing over I guess... No Appt widget will display any appts... If I go to choose calendars within a widget like Smooth Calendar I don't show any calendars. Which I'm not surprised because I don't have any setup on the Gear itself. Only on my Note 3. Somehow though the Samsung clock widgets on the Gear are able to show upcoming appts... But not the style I want....

Do I need to sync the calendar on my Gear to the calendar on my Note 3 first?...

Any info appreciated. Thanks.
Last edited by juiceppc; 24th May 2014 at 01:57 AM.
24th May 2014, 03:48 AM   |  #4  
Flag Chiang Rai
Thanks Meter: 119

591 posts
Yes. You need to set up your Google account on the Gear in the settings menu.
I'm not sure if you need to install calendar for it to pull/sync calendar data, but I have it installed and have it set up so if I tap the Minimalistic Text widget, it opens the calendar app.

I also have Tasker on the phone and gear setup to enable BT tethering for 2 minutes every hour.
That is often eough for me to have it synced. But, you could set it more frequently if you wanted.
Or, even leave tether always enabled if you don't mind the battery drain on your phone and watch.

24th May 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

658 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richlum

Yes. You need to set up your Google account on the Gear in the settings menu.
I'm not sure if you need to install calendar for it to pull/sync calendar data, but I have it installed and have it set up so if I tap the Minimalistic Text widget, it opens the calendar app.

I also have Tasker on the phone and gear setup to enable BT tethering for 2 minutes every hour.
That is often eough for me to have it synced. But, you could set it more frequently if you wanted.
Or, even leave tether always enabled if you don't mind the battery drain on your phone and watch.

That's what I thought dang. I'm on ATT in US doing BT tether requires root or paying for it... Even then not sure if it's enabled... Thanks for the info though. How does that Samsung watchface and the "Today's Schedule" app get it?... I wonder if there is a way to "exploit" that?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread