Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

make the z2 louder ?

OP ahmedmohsin

24th May 2014, 04:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

71 posts
hello...

ive noticed the z2 to be a bit on the quite side (both loudspeaker and headset) while playin music...

is there some kind of mod that perhaps make it a bit more audible (like samsung's mod that is available here in the forums)?

this issue is breaking the deal with me buying this phone...otherwire its a great phone !
24th May 2014, 09:07 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
so far the things that I have read on these forums that work well to make it louder are:

1) Turn on Dynamic normalizer in the sound settings
2) Go into sound enhancements and set all the equalizer sliders to 10
3) Proceed to the "settings" next to the equalizer and turn on xLoud and (personal taste) turn on S-force Surround

Clear phase lowers the volume although it does make it cleaner.
24th May 2014, 09:11 AM   |  #3  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 107

694 posts
More
Which device are you coming from? Its the second loudest device there is, right after the M8!

No other device has dual front facing stereo speakers.
24th May 2014, 10:12 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 69

269 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedmohsin

hello...

ive noticed the z2 to be a bit on the quite side (both loudspeaker and headset) while playin music...

is there some kind of mod that perhaps make it a bit more audible (like samsung's mod that is available here in the forums)?

this issue is breaking the deal with me buying this phone...otherwire its a great phone !

There's a new mod in the development forum which enables dual speakers for ringtones and loud speaker on calls. I think the guy is also making tweaks for volume.
24th May 2014, 11:09 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

71 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleSforza

Which device are you coming from? Its the second loudest device there is, right after the M8!

No other device has dual front facing stereo speakers.

i am coming from a galaxy note 3...and it definetely sounds abit louder ! I have applied a tweak also available here in the forums that made it sound SO EPIC on headphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_lutin

There's a new mod in the development forum which enables dual speakers for ringtones and loud speaker on calls. I think the guy is also making tweaks for volume.

can you guide me plz to that thread ? I have searched everywhere here for it with no avail
24th May 2014, 01:24 PM   |  #6  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 107

694 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedmohsin

i am coming from a galaxy note 3...and it definetely sounds abit louder ! I have applied a tweak also available here in the forums that made it sound SO EPIC on headphones

can you guide me plz to that thread ? I have searched everywhere here for it with no avail

Here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2758189
The Following User Says Thank You to KyleSforza For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th May 2014, 04:36 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

71 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleSforza

Here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2758189

whoa...thanks !!
24th May 2014, 06:08 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 2

47 posts
You can turn off Clear Audio as well to make it louder but the sound quality will go down. Just toggle it when you're listening to music or videos.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread