Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,027 Members 48,473 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] unlock bootloader from version 4.3- 4.4.2 wont make z1 lose DRM keys anymore?

Tip us?

hxq88
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Default [Q] unlock bootloader from version 4.3- 4.4.2 wont make z1 lose DRM keys anymore?

my Z1 is on lastest stock kitkat firmware 14.3.A.0.757
does i need downgrade,root and backup TA before unlock bootloader?
or i can unlock bootloader directly and flash doomlord kernel to install rooted rom?
thx for your help

gregbradley
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3753
Quote:
Originally Posted by hxq88 View Post
or i can unlock bootloader directly and flash doomlord kernel to install rooted rom?
thx for your help
Its your choice

If you want to backup your ta you need to downgrade

If you are not bothered, just unlock

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to gregbradley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 613
Quote:
Yes

Quote:
thx for your help
if losing Warranty is not a problem to You then Yes, it's the quickest way. Doing this you will be unable to do a Backup TA so your DRM keys will be lost forever with the warranty.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hxq88
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
i just need confirm unlock bootloader directly from 4.3 version is safe for all sony feature (x-reality, track ID, and camera ). i used nexus before thats why xperia system sencurity is strange with me
thanks your reply

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 613
Quote:
i just need confirm unlock bootloader directly from 4.3 version is safe for all sony feature (x-reality, track ID, and camera ). i used nexus before thats why xperia system sencurity is strange with me
thanks your reply
I unlocked on 4.3 and Camera, Track ID working. X-Reality turn On and Off but I never, even when I was stock, saw any difference. So if you want unlock on 4.3 (FW .136) it's ok.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]