Aux-out & charging in one cable - $4.95...

OP MikaelPe

24th May 2014, 04:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Stony Brook
Thanks Meter: 136

220 posts
Hello all fellow S4 owners! One of the best and also perhaps the most unknown feature of the Galaxy S3/S4 and Note2/3-series is the "DockMode" and the ability to send all sound from Apps out through the microUSB connection instead of having both a charging cable AND and an aux-out connected to the phone. Who doesn't want to listen to Pandora, Spotify, WinAmp, TuneIn etc. when driving? So if you have a car-stereo (or home surround sound system) that features a standard 3.5 mm aux-in plug but without Bluetooth A2DP streaming capabilities you can now have ONE cable connected to the Samsung Galaxy phone for both charging and music/gps (sound from Apps) coming through the microUSB. For a lot of people this is truly an awesome feature as otherwise they would have to change head-unit on their car-stereo, or use an FM transmitter to listen to the music.

With the iBOLT Dock'n Play cable the S4 will automatically go into "DockMode" (it will say "The Dock is connected" at the notification bar) and the sound from Apps will be routed through the microUSB cable if you go into "Settings-Accessories" and select the "Audio output mode". I made a new video today showing how this work, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWWz6g9XjUw& I will also subscribe to this thread so I can answer any technical questions coming up.

When your Galaxy S4 is in DockMode you can also select a "Carhome screen" so the Bluetooth an WiFi turns on/off automatically. Two great apps are the newly updated Dock'n Drive (free App with no annoying advertising) that now features a floating icon when in DockMode so you can quickly go back to the "home screen". Another very good App is the Ulysee Speedometer for home screen when driving.

The cable is 9ft long so anyone in the backseat can stay connected and charge or if you use a car-dock you can place it on the left side of the steering wheel and run the cable down the drivers door molding and under the floor mat to the center console where power and aux-in is usually located. Price is only $14.95 (lowered from $19.95) but for Memorial day weekend the code "got Memorial Day?" knocks of an $10 additional on any product off the iBOLT website off so you get by and pay an quite unbelievable $4.95 for the Dock'n Play cable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	For-car-too!.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	252.6 KB
ID:	2760114   Click image for larger version

Name:	For-home-stereo-too.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	198.4 KB
ID:	2760115  
The Following User Says Thank You to MikaelPe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th May 2014, 10:37 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 761

1,296 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaelPe

Hello all fellow S4 owners! One of the best and also perhaps the most unknown feature of the Galaxy S3/S4 and Note2/3-series is the "DockMode" and the ability to send all sound from Apps out through the microUSB connection instead of having both a charging cable AND and an aux-out connected to the phone. Who doesn't want to listen to Pandora, Spotify, WinAmp, TuneIn etc. when driving? So if you have a car-stereo (or home surround sound system) that features a standard 3.5 mm aux-in plug but without Bluetooth A2DP streaming capabilities you can now have ONE cable connected to the Samsung Galaxy phone for both charging and music/gps (sound from Apps) coming through the microUSB. For a lot of people this is truly an awesome feature as otherwise they would have to change head-unit on their car-stereo, or use an FM transmitter to listen to the music.

With the iBOLT Dock'n Play cable the S4 will automatically go into "DockMode" (it will say "The Dock is connected" at the notification bar) and the sound from Apps will be routed through the microUSB cable if you go into "Settings-Accessories" and select the "Audio output mode". I made a new video today showing how this work, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWWz6g9XjUw& I will also subscribe to this thread so I can answer any technical questions coming up.

When your Galaxy S4 is in DockMode you can also select a "Carhome screen" so the Bluetooth an WiFi turns on/off automatically. Two great apps are the newly updated Dock'n Drive (free App with no annoying advertising) that now features a floating icon when in DockMode so you can quickly go back to the "home screen". Another very good App is the Ulysee Speedometer for home screen when driving.

The cable is 9ft long so anyone in the backseat can stay connected and charge or if you use a car-dock you can place it on the left side of the steering wheel and run the cable down the drivers door molding and under the floor mat to the center console where power and aux-in is usually located. Price is only $14.95 (lowered from $19.95) but for Memorial day weekend the code "got Memorial Day?" knocks of an $10 additional on any product off the iBOLT website off so you get by and pay an quite unbelievable $4.95 for the Dock'n Play cable.

Can I skip the songs directly o the car equipment or is required that I do it in the phone itself?
24th May 2014, 11:08 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Stony Brook
Thanks Meter: 136

220 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scandiun

Can I skip the songs directly o the car equipment or is required that I do it in the phone itself?

You can "skip", "play", "paus" etc. from the steering wheel buttons if you have (1), the phone connected up to your car-stereo system via Bluetooth A2DP and (2), if your steering wheel buttons support these functions for streaming Apps like Pandora, Spotify etc. Great if readers like yourself could share which cars do have this support....

I added some pictures below to clarify... The Dock'n Drive App launches automatically when the cable is inserted (provided you have "Dock Settings" marked correctly). Then you "set" the music Apps your prefer in the Dock'n Drive interface. After you have pressed on "play" inside the App of your choice you can simply press the "floating icon" (see pic) or the home button to go back to the "car home screen" where you have 6 large icons of your choice.

If you press on the small speedometer the App will take you to the "main screen" (see in the image where the phone is vertical/upright below). On the main screen you have only a large speedometer/compass, the current address location and fairly large media buttons. The concept is that when you drive you a clean, easy to user interface with access the music regardless if you have stored music or if you play from a streaming app.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DockMode floating icon .jpg
Views:	136
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	2760402   Click image for larger version

Name:	DD horizontal Utah.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	2760403   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vertical position DD.jpg
Views:	130