Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,212 Members 42,544 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Plex on Sale at Amazon 99Cents

Tip us?

DJames1
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Ok, it works now. I don't know why it wasn't working before, logged in to the same account. Maybe because I hadn't yet bought any Android apps or registered an Android device on that account? Now I have two Android devices registered for some reason, but it's the same device registered twice.

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 822

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJames1 View Post
Ok, it works now. I don't know why it wasn't working before, logged in to the same account. Maybe because I hadn't yet bought any Android apps or registered an Android device on that account? Now I have two Android devices registered for some reason, but it's the same device registered twice.
You definitely need to have Amazon Appstore installed and logged in from at least one Android device.

I wouldn't worry too much about the duplicate device, it can happen if you change ROM or even upon reinstall sometimes. You can remove the duplicate in your Amazon settings under my digital devices.

-= this post enhanced with bonus mobile typos =-
Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! / Rootable Serial Numbers | Root Mini-FAQ | FlashCast flashing Mini-FAQ
BYO powered OTG cable | WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations | Not all 1080p/720p is same
Search Tip: Google search terms site:forum.xda-developers.com for only XDA forum results. Example
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'

Asphyx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhiga View Post
You definitely need to have Amazon Appstore installed and logged in from at least one Android device.

I wouldn't worry too much about the duplicate device, it can happen if you change ROM or even upon reinstall sometimes. You can remove the duplicate in your Amazon settings under my digital devices.

-= this post enhanced with bonus mobile typos =-
LOL the Play store also used to think I had 4 different Phones which were really all the same phone with different roms installed on them!
And you are right you have to have the Amazon App installed and that will register the device to the account once you have logged in with it...