Tracker Discounts Helps You Find Good Deals on Steam

If you’re a PC gamer, you’re undoubtedly well familiar with Steam. This … more

Sony Extends AOSP Project to the Xperia Z3

While most OEMs simply don’t care about the custom ROM community, others are doing an … more

How Open Source Can Help Your Project w/ Ethan Yonker – BABBQ2014

People have finally recovered from this years Big Android BBQ … more

Add Frequency Bands to Your Qualcomm Device

Those of you who travel quite a bit undoubtedly own more than one device due to frequency band … more
Post Reply

[Q] Xperia Play firmware

OP XenonPGH

23rd May 2014, 05:24 AM   |  #1  
XenonPGH's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Ipoh, Perak
Thanks Meter: 7
 
76 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
I have returned to stock rom(.58 enhanced v3)+debloat+root twice but after some use still can't resist myself from trying other convincing ICS roms. But now i wanted to return to stock rom again but i have hard time choosing which firmware is best. .79, or .62 or .58 enhanced v(1/2/3) or other firmwares ?? I think the firmwares have different performances and battery lifes. Also which kernel supports stock rom??
23rd May 2014, 11:24 AM   |  #2  
XenonPGH's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Ipoh, Perak
Thanks Meter: 7
 
76 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
bump
23rd May 2014, 04:15 PM   |  #3  
XenonPGH's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Ipoh, Perak
Thanks Meter: 7
 
76 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
BUMP again. Halp me please, any pro? I need to flash my phone asap
23rd May 2014, 05:26 PM   |  #4  
Bakisha's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 486
 
893 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonPGH

BUMP again. Halp me please, any pro? I need to flash my phone asap

If you want to use kernel with 640MB data partition, you must first flash. 62 or. 79 firmware, flash lupus gb v12 kernel then flash stock-based rom from recovery.
If you are ok with 380MB data partition (stock) you can use doomlord gb kernel (flash ANY firmware, then flash kernel)

If you think that you will get better network coverage, you can flash any baseband (flash only baseband, untick all other checkboxes In flashtool)

It doesn't really matter which firmware you use, generally latest Is better.




Sent from my C6502 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Bakisha For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th May 2014, 04:51 AM   |  #5  
XenonPGH's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Ipoh, Perak
Thanks Meter: 7
 
76 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakisha

If you want to use kernel with 640MB data partition, you must first flash. 62 or. 79 firmware, flash lupus gb v12 kernel then flash stock-based rom from recovery.
If you are ok with 380MB data partition (stock) you can use doomlord gb kernel (flash ANY firmware, then flash kernel)

If you think that you will get better network coverage, you can flash any baseband (flash only baseband, untick all other checkboxes In flashtool)

It doesn't really matter which firmware you use, generally latest Is better.




Sent from my C6502 using XDA Free mobile app

I mean i want to stay with stock rom, i don use other custom roms
24th May 2014, 09:27 AM   |  #6  
Bakisha's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 486
 
893 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonPGH

I mean i want to stay with stock rom, i don use other custom roms

Then just flash .42 firmware and root it with zergrush method. There... pure stock.

If you need OC flash doomlord gb kernel with flashtool
24th May 2014, 02:06 PM   |  #7  
XenonPGH's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Ipoh, Perak
Thanks Meter: 7
 
76 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakisha

Then just flash .42 firmware and root it with zergrush method. There... pure stock.

If you need OC flash doomlord gb kernel with flashtool

But my question is which firmware is best? .42 or .58 enhanced v(1,2,3), or .62 or others....
24th May 2014, 07:15 PM   |  #8  
Bakisha's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 486
 
893 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonPGH

But my question is which firmware is best? .42 or .58 enhanced v(1,2,3), or .62 or others....

.79 is the best

The Following User Says Thank You to Bakisha For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes