Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,661 Members 45,017 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is this skin waterproof

Tip us?

RealiableCandy4
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Default Is this skin waterproof

I want to get the black carbon fibre skin but I'm not sure if its waterproof or not because when I wash my phone's screen I rinse it in the tap then wipe it dry with a paper towel.
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/121250942738?nav=SEARCH

yup owns Z1 and stuff.

DefunctiO
Old
Thanks Meter 26
First of all, I don't think I have ever seen a better way to ruin your xperia design, bravo.
Secondly, it is basically a sticker and therefor it should hold on the phone without any problems. (unless it's made out of paper (it is not, don't worry))
Thirdly seller lists item as durable and washable so there should be no problems connected to water contact..

That's about it, have a nice day
smartphone history
iPhone 3G 16gb --> iPhone 4 32gb --> HTC Sensation --> HTC One V --> Nexus 4 --> HTC One -> Sony Xperia Z1
The Following User Says Thank You to DefunctiO For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

babyboy3265
Old
Thanks Meter 49

DONATE TO ME
That seems pretty cool...shame i prefer rubber cases though... Only way to protect it better in my opinion

LaosPerson
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefunctiO View Post
First of all, I don't think I have ever seen a better way to ruin your xperia design, bravo.
Secondly, it is basically a sticker and therefor it should hold on the phone without any problems. (unless it's made out of paper (it is not, don't worry))
Thirdly seller lists item as durable and washable so there should be no problems connected to water contact..

That's about it, have a nice day
Yep, true about design ruining, I have the z1s from tmobile and their request was to make the sides plastic so i wouldn't mind putting carbon fiber around the side of my phone since it's not real metal anyways lol
Current device: Xperia Z1S C6916

Retired:Galaxy S3 I747, Galaxy Note I717

adryanodej
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaosPerson View Post
Yep, true about design ruining, I have the z1s from tmobile and their request was to make the sides plastic so i wouldn't mind putting carbon fiber around the side of my phone since it's not real metal anyways lol
z1 s has plastic? its not aluminium like z1?
Last devices: Xperia arc S --> Xperia S --> Xperia SP --> Xperia ZR --> Xperia Z1 --> Xperia Z1 Compact

LaosPerson
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by adryanodej View Post
z1 s has plastic? its not aluminium like z1?
Nope, but there is an advantage, we get better signal than iPhone and galaxies (probably) lol
Current device: Xperia Z1S C6916

Retired:Galaxy S3 I747, Galaxy Note I717
The Following User Says Thank You to LaosPerson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]