Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,064 Members 41,016 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I9506 battery life

Tip us?

itvaletchu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] I9506 battery life

My phone is i9506 and it is rooted. My problem (?) is poor battery life, I only get little over 4 hours "screen on" time. My ussage isn't very hard, most of time I only chat with my friends over 3G/4G network. I even limited CPU max frequency because i want better battery life. I use Greenify for all apps except WA and FB Messenger. Brightness is most of time lovest possible. My question is: Is that normal battery life?

Any ideas? That 4 hours screen-on -time isn't just enough for me...

davtse
Old
Thanks Meter 1812
Quote:
Originally Posted by itvaletchu View Post
My phone is i9506 and it is rooted. My problem (?) is poor battery life, I only get little over 4 hours "screen on" time. My ussage isn't very hard, most of time I only chat with my friends over 3G/4G network. I even limited CPU max frequency because i want better battery life. I use Greenify for all apps except WA and FB Messenger. Brightness is most of time lovest possible. My question is: Is that normal battery life?

Any ideas? That 4 hours screen-on -time isn't just enough for me...
Its about normal. Want more than 4hours? Use wifi instead, 3g/4g really drains the battery. Actually, if you're just chatting and dont need the speed, you can use 2G, its more than sufficient for WA unless you're sending and downloading big pictures etc. that's about all you can do really.
i9300 Kernels: Temasek/Yank555(AOSP/SAMMY)/GOOGYMAX(Dual boot)
i9505: Echoe AEL/Ktoonez/Alucard/GOOGYMAX 3!!!!!!!

Echoeroms all the way!
The Following User Says Thank You to davtse For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

itvaletchu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks!

Second question: What is the fastest way to change network type (I mean between 2G and 3G/4G) witout having to go to settings?

davtse
Old
Thanks Meter 1812
Quote:
Originally Posted by itvaletchu View Post
Thanks!

Second question: What is the fastest way to change network type (I mean between 2G and 3G/4G) witout having to go to settings?
xposed module intelli3g. It can even automate the process for you (screen off switch 2G on, open XYZ app toggle 3g/4g)
i9300 Kernels: Temasek/Yank555(AOSP/SAMMY)/GOOGYMAX(Dual boot)
i9505: Echoe AEL/Ktoonez/Alucard/GOOGYMAX 3!!!!!!!

Echoeroms all the way!

itvaletchu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks!

Intelli3g is just it what I was searching for!