Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,194 Members 52,762 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Using external SD Card as both internal memory and external SD

Tip us?

JaceGhost
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Using external SD Card as both internal memory and external SD

So my Captivate's internal memory died a few months back and my new phone's screen is broken so while I come up with the money to replace the LCD/digitizer I figured I'd experiment with the older Captivate to see if it was possible to run without internal memory.

Using some of the one click heimdall's from the sticky that return the phone to stock, it runs Gingerbread using the external SD I have as internal memory and I can flash CWM to it and the phone functions. Problem is, things such as the camera and most apps don't work properly, giving errors that there is no external storage and they can't run.

I've also noticed that after putting my phone in this state, formatting the external card puts the phone into an AT&T logo bootloop, only rectified by reflashing to stock.

So I was wondering, how do I force the phone to see two partitions on the external SD card as both internal and external storage so it can be used with normal functionality?

4-2ndtwin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,481

DONATE TO ME
This thread may be of some help to ya... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...17&postcount=1

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk