Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,034 Members 47,323 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Uber Noob needs help unlocking bootloader ubuntu.

Tip us?

shabibs
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Uber Noob needs help unlocking bootloader ubuntu.

Hello good people, i have the Sensation XE beats by dre and I'm currently stuck at the very last step of unlocking my bootloader. I have Ubuntu 13.04 andd i get the following error message: error: cannot load 'Unlock_code.bin': No such file or directory, - from this entry: sudo fastboot flash /home/Name/Downloads/Unlock_code.bin. I have tried various other combinations, i have a suspicion that its a pathway problem, but i can't figure it out, its my 5 straight hour trying to work this out, would really appreaciate the help. Also smashed my fist into the keyboard. Hopefully some one will take pitty from this last remark and help me.
Kind regards Shabibs.

Ajax1337
Old
(Last edited by Ajax1337; 7th May 2014 at 03:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabibs View Post
Hello good people, i have the Sensation XE beats by dre and I'm currently stuck at the very last step of unlocking my bootloader. I have Ubuntu 13.04 andd i get the following error message: error: cannot load 'Unlock_code.bin': No such file or directory, - from this entry: sudo fastboot flash /home/Name/Downloads/Unlock_code.bin. I have tried various other combinations, i have a suspicion that its a pathway problem, but i can't figure it out, its my 5 straight hour trying to work this out, would really appreaciate the help. Also smashed my fist into the keyboard. Hopefully some one will take pitty from this last remark and help me.
Kind regards Shabibs.
Just a question in the /home/NAME/Downloads/Unlock_code.bin did you infact change the NAME to your user name and is the file Unlock_code.bin really in your Downloads folder ?

If you dont know your username you can find it out like this:

Press CTRL + ALT + T

When the terminal opens you'll see something like this
Code:
ajax@home:~$
Where ajax is my user name and home is my computer name.

so in my case destination would go like this /home/ajax/Downloads/Unlock_code.bin or even simpler without user name ~/Downloads/Unlock_code.bin. you can choose which ever method you like.

shabibs
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1337 View Post
Just a question in the /home/NAME/Downloads/Unlock_code.bin did you infact change the NAME to your user name and is the file Unlock_code.bin really in your Downloads folder ?

If you dont know your username you can find it out like this:

Press CTRL + ALT + T

When the terminal opens you'll see something like this
Code:
ajax@home:~$
Where ajax is my user name and home is my computer name.

so in my case destination would go like this /home/ajax/Downloads/Unlock_code.bin or even simpler without user name ~/Downloads/Unlock_code.bin. you can choose which ever method you like.
Yes, i did in fact change my name to my username, yes the file in is my downloads folder, i got my token with fastboot being placed in downloads folder as well.
thanks for responding Ajax .

Ajax1337
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Yes, i did in fact change my name to my username, yes the file in is my downloads folder, i got my token with fastboot being placed in downloads folder as well.
thanks for responding Ajax .
Well UNIX systems are famous for the file hierarchy system if it tells you its not there its most likely not there. Another thing that comes to mind is check captial letters ( for instance user name is always lowercase and folder within your home are all caps ), second maybe try tabbing to the file for ex. /ho[TAB] it should finish to /home and do that for the rest of the path. Im sorry if you think that i am condescending im really not im just not aware how familiar with the linux environment.... i just thougth of something do CTRL + ALT + T type sudo fastboot flash then drag and drop the Unlock_code.bin into the terminal window will write out the path for you.

shabibs
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks again, no worries about being condescending, the drag and drop function dosent work, i however got to here:
sudo fastboot flash /home/name/Downloads/Unlock_code.bin
unknown partition '/home/name/Downloads/Unlock_code.bin'
error: cannot determine image filename for '/home/name/Downloads/Unlock_code.bin'

Quote:
Well UNIX systems are famous for the file hierarchy system if it tells you its not there its most likely not there. Another thing that comes to mind is check captial letters ( for instance user name is always lowercase and folder within your home are all caps ), second maybe try tabbing to the file for ex. /ho[TAB] it should finish to /home and do that for the rest of the path. Im sorry if you think that i am condescending im really not im just not aware how familiar with the linux environment.... i just thougth of something do CTRL + ALT + T type sudo fastboot flash then drag and drop the Unlock_code.bin into the terminal window will write out the path for you.

Ajax1337
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Thanks again, no worries about being condescending, the drag and drop function dosent work, i however got to here:
unknown partition '/home/name/Downloads/Unlock_code.bin'
error: cannot determine image filename for '/home/name/Downloads/Unlock_code.bin'
The first error i dont understand but the second sounds interesting.

you are typing this
Code:
you should be typing this
Code:
sudo fastboot flash unlocktoken /home/name/Downloads/Unlock_code.bin
you are missing unlocktoken part in the command.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ajax1337 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shabibs
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well Axaj your wise ways have made me a man one step nearer a rooted phone. thank you so much.
all the best.

Quote:

you are typing this
Code:
Code:

aelurosa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thanks, Ajax!

Quote:

you are typing this
Code:
Code:
Thank you so much for your clear, concise instructions. I was having the same problems and you got me through!