Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,098 Members 46,987 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] i747 Unbricked Problem

Tip us?

usuariocubano
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] i747 Unbricked Problem

I used the debrick-SGH-I747U-CUEMJB3.img on my hard bricked (no signs of life except for red charging light when plugged into charger) At&T i747 that had the ota 4.3 update and was able to get into download mode ! from there I flashed from custom recovery menu with d2att_I747UCUEMJB_bootloader.zip rom and it try to boot but not complete. then I try to flash from custom recovery with boot_CWM_I747MVLUEMK5.zip and when it was done flashing it said succeeded so I hit reboot then after that my phone was dead again and the sdcard debrick imgae no longer works..........somebody can help me???

mstrswrd06
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Silly thought, but does the red charging light even come on when the phone is powered off on a normally working S3? My spidey-sense tells me to check if the screen works at all.

What happens when you do a battery pull, then replace the battery and plug in to charge?

Larry2999
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuariocubano View Post
I used the debrick-SGH-I747U-CUEMJB3.img on my hard bricked (no signs of life except for red charging light when plugged into charger) At&T i747 that had the ota 4.3 update and was able to get into download mode ! from there I flashed from custom recovery menu with d2att_I747UCUEMJB_bootloader.zip rom and it try to boot but not complete. then I try to flash from custom recovery with boot_CWM_I747MVLUEMK5.zip and when it was done flashing it said succeeded so I hit reboot then after that my phone was dead again and the sdcard debrick imgae no longer works..........somebody can help me???
You likely got the results you got by flashing the wrong bootloader. The second zip you flashed is a bootloader for the Canadian variant (i747M) so, unless your phone is the Canadian variant, you would have bricked a second time. The debrick image helps you get your phone into download and/or recovery mode from where you can work your way up the rest of the food chain to full firmware restore. I presume your phone is an AT&T i747? You would need to create a new debrick image and try the process again. This time, when you get into recovery mode, try flashing a complete stock image. If the debrick file works, it should enable your phone boot into system. If you can get into system, use the instructions in the following thread to download a stock restore file and to your phone and then reboot into recovery (still with the debrick card) to flash the stock restore zip.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2658486

If the new debrick doesn't work, your phone may need a JTag fix.

usuariocubano
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstrswrd06 View Post
Silly thought, but does the red charging light even come on when the phone is powered off on a normally working S3? My spidey-sense tells me to check if the screen works at all.

What happens when you do a battery pull, then replace the battery and plug in to charge?
the phone only show the red led for only a few second, nothing more

usuariocubano
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry2999 View Post
You likely got the results you got by flashing the wrong bootloader. The second zip you flashed is a bootloader for the Canadian variant (i747M) so, unless your phone is the Canadian variant, you would have bricked a second time. The debrick image helps you get your phone into download and/or recovery mode from where you can work your way up the rest of the food chain to full firmware restore. I presume your phone is an AT&T i747? You would need to create a new debrick image and try the process again. This time, when you get into recovery mode, try flashing a complete stock image. If the debrick file works, it should enable your phone boot into system. If you can get into system, use the instructions in the following thread to download a stock restore file and to your phone and then reboot into recovery (still with the debrick card) to flash the stock restore zip.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2658486

If the new debrick doesn't work, your phone may need a JTag fix.

the first time i use the unbriked image on my sd for i747, but after i flashed the wrong bootloader the unbricked image don't wotk i use for i747 and for i747m and nothing

Larry2999
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuariocubano View Post
the first time i use the unbriked image on my sd for i747, but after i flashed the wrong bootloader the unbricked image don't wotk i use for i747 and for i747m and nothing
Usually, the unbrick image won't help if your phone is bricked from flashing a bootloader meant for another model but only when you wrongly flash an older bootloader for the same model. Looks like it is a real hard brick and a JTag may now be required.