Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,021 Members 45,429 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SMS not being received until device reboot

Tip us?

Lorettaa
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by realfoxm View Post
Nothing has been restricted as far as apps go. This is on the stock rom, never rooted 4.4.2 KK. I tried adding APN settings manually, but received same results. If this isn't been an known issue with anyone else, I think a factory reset may be in order.
Did factory reset worked?

krelvinaz
Old
Thanks Meter 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorettaa View Post
Did factory reset worked?
Parrot speaks again with no new info...
Phone: TMobile - Samsung SM-900T Galaxy Note 3 - KitKat 4.4.2 Rooted/Stock - QI Wireless
Tablet: Nexus 7 (2012) 16gb Stock Rooted - 4.4.4 w/TWRP Recovery
Droid Like Devices: Several ChromeCasts, Amazon Fire TV (rooted)
Link: ReZoundn EVO 4g LTE and HTC Droid DNA Splash Screen Web Generator

jacqueline robert
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Has anyone had any problems not receiving sms messages until the device is rebooted? There are times where the phone will function just fine until I restart it and see that text messages are flooding in. This is only happening on the Note 3 and not the Nexus 5 which is also under t-mobile.
Power cycle the device by turning off for 30 seconds and then on again. I hope it will help!!!!!!!!

Lorettaa
Old
Thanks Meter 36
What's wrong asking him about the factory reset?

jacqueline robert
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Has anyone had any problems not receiving sms messages until the device is rebooted? There are times where the phone will function just fine until I restart it and see that text messages are flooding in. This is only happening on the Note 3 and not the Nexus 5 which is also under t-mobile.
If you recently used an iOS device with the same number you have on your Galaxy Note 3, then reset your iMessage via your Apple account. That should do it.

If itís a different issue, then I am left to assume what happened to your phone. I donít even know if you can send a text message just fine or not. But if you can and are using a third-party messaging app, please try disabling it first to see if that would solve the problem. It could be just a little messed up setting.

If, however, you canít send and receive text messages, call your service provider or carrier first and have your SIM card checked.

realfoxm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by krelvinaz View Post
Parrot speaks again with no new info...
Factory reset was not required. I was able to correct this by leaving wifi-calling enabled, but setting the wifi-calling preference to cellular preferred. So far so good, been about a week now with no issues.

I know that the SGS5 received an update recently to fix sms/mms issues, so I don't know if the same would ever be pushed to the note 3.