Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,940 Members 46,173 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Failed update to OTA Kitkat

Tip us?

MxPhenom 216
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Failed update to OTA Kitkat

Hello,

New to xda-developer forum, but was hoping I could get some help.

I have a Droid Razr M, that has had the boot loader unlocked, but not rooted anymore, after getting an update prior to kitkat. If I remember correctly I was able to get previous updates with no issues with the boot loader unlocked. Today I heard that kitkat was out for my device, so I went into settings to check for a system update and I was offered to update to 4.4.2 (Kitkat). So I went ahead and did it.

However, the problems lies now that It is stick in a boot loop, with the "WARNING BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED" message that I always got after unlocking it. I noticed after the update the boot was taking a really like time, but then I noticed it would **** off and god right back to that same message. Knew something wasn't right, Itll shut down and reboot the that screen multiple times. I first tried clearing the cache partition. Nothing. Tried resetting/wiping, that also didnt fix it.

Some help would be greatly appreciated here.

If you need more information I can try my best.

Thank you!

MxPhenom 216
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So I just flashed back to stock 4.0.4 ROM with RDS Lite. Trying the OTA Kitkat update again, and now its just stuck at a black screen. I had it plugged into the charger as it was updating so its not dead. I cannot get it to reboot.