Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,633 Members 37,711 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One 4.3 to 4.4.2 Failed, Stuck in recovery

Tip us?

bgoode2006
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default HTC One 4.3 to 4.4.2 Failed, Stuck in recovery

I was root on 4.2.2. i accepted the OTA to 4.3. everything was working smoothly. Didnt reroot. accepted the OTA tpo 4.4.2. The update was installing then nothing but a phone with and triangle and ! in it. after reading for hours i tried everything i could think of and find to not have to start all over because i have really slow internet.

When i try to "apply from cache" goes

- - Install /cache/fumo...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Verifying current system...
"/system/app/AmazonApps-releasev500001470c.odex" has unexpected contents.
Installation aborted.

Can someone please help me.

I am Unlocked and s-off

brholt6
Old
Thanks Meter 156
Why not just flash TWRP (I'm assuming you're on th stock recovery?) and sideload a custom rom like Ecliptic or Nusense? Then you won't have to worry about OTAs. You might have to update the firmware, but you should be good to go after that.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Verizon HTC One - S-off'd
iPhone 4 - Retired (thankfully)
Motorola Droid - Retired

bgoode2006
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by brholt6 View Post
Why not just flash TWRP (I'm assuming you're on th stock recovery?) and sideload a custom rom like Ecliptic or Nusense? Then you won't have to worry about OTAs. You might have to update the firmware, but you should be good to go after that.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
i just came off of CyanagenMod. I was just looking to have some stock time. the day i got it i put Cyan on there.
I still cant boot to system but i did put TWRP on there for the OTG usage to maybe figure out if i couldnt find an issue in the OTA.zip. i did find out that it keeps checking for AmazonApps-releasev500001470C.odex which i cannot seem to find anywhere with TWRP File Manager.
I might just go with a rom based on stock 4.4.2.

fLaWx
Old
(Last edited by fLaWx; 24th May 2014 at 10:19 PM.) Reason: Wrong Link :S
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoode2006 View Post
i just came off of CyanagenMod. I was just looking to have some stock time. the day i got it i put Cyan on there.
I still cant boot to system but i did put TWRP on there for the OTG usage to maybe figure out if i couldnt find an issue in the OTA.zip. i did find out that it keeps checking for AmazonApps-releasev500001470C.odex which i cannot seem to find anywhere with TWRP File Manager.
I might just go with a rom based on stock 4.4.2.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2485319

That thread has all the stock roms and stock debloated roms, cant go wrong there.