Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Official ColorOS download safe?

OP monsta132

24th May 2014, 09:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Hi all, im new to posting questions on forums in general but ive used them for a long time to put custom roms on my phone and in general make the most of it so i can think of no better place to ask this, forgive me if someone else already has.

On the official ColorOS website which most of you may know is now owned or something by Oppo, in their devices list the GT-I9500 is listed there under "other" and i was curious as to whether or not anyone can tell me if its safe to use or not?

Any help appreciated, thank you in advance.

Unfortunatly i cant post links due to the fact im new to the forum, so goto coloros .com and use translate
24th May 2014, 10:37 PM   |  #2  
qtwrk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 815
 
2,509 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
sure it is. otherwise why do they list it ?

if you wanna know why it's "other" , it's just because they are not OPPO phones.
24th May 2014, 10:53 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtwrk

sure it is. otherwise why do they list it ?

if you wanna know why it's "other" , it's just because they are not OPPO phones.

I was refering more to general security, its on a chinese website and the download is from pan.baidu, i dont really know it and id just rather be safe than sorry.
24th May 2014, 11:12 PM   |  #4  
qtwrk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 815
 
2,509 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsta132

I was refering more to general security, its on a chinese website and the download is from pan.baidu, i dont really know it and id just rather be safe than sorry.

well , if it's from official website , then take it easy, it's like some of dev here use MEGA or AFH server , pan.baidu is very famous file storage site in China
The Following User Says Thank You to qtwrk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th May 2014, 11:32 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtwrk

well , if it's from official website , then take it easy, it's like some of dev here use MEGA or AFH server , pan.baidu is very famous file storage site in China

Well im downloading it now to give it a shot, will let know how it turns out, but thanks for your help
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes