Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,633 Members 37,628 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Moving from 4.2.2 to 4.4.2

Tip us?

galaxys3lover
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 647

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Moving from 4.2.2 to 4.4.2

I am on erro rom 4.2.2 and i want to upgrade to 4.4.2 , either PAC or the LX series , and do i just go on and do the normal backup , wipe and flash routine , or is there anything else i need to do before upgrading?.. reason i ask is , my sd card is partitioned to use with link2sd , will this still work with 4.4.2?

iPusak Gaoq™
Old
Thanks Meter 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxys3lover View Post
I am on erro rom 4.2.2 and i want to upgrade to 4.4.2 , either PAC or the LX series , and do i just go on and do the normal backup , wipe and flash routine , or is there anything else i need to do before upgrading?.. reason i ask is , my sd card is partitioned to use with link2sd , will this still work with 4.4.2?
Hmmm...most important thing when you upgrading to v4.4.2 is

in recovery you must (mandatory)...

1. format system
2. format data
3. format cache

this can be found in mounts and storage option in recovery.....failing to do so will result in bootloop....
if you don't like 4.4.2 and wanna to go back then you need to flash 4.2.2 kernel and boot into recovery and again format the above partition before you restore your backup....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone : Xperia Mini ProAndroid Version : KK 4.4.4Rom : PAC RomsBaseband Version : .587Kernel : v3.4.0-LX
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iPusak Gaoq™ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

galaxys3lover
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 647

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPusak Gaoq™ View Post
Hmmm...most important thing when you upgrading to v4.4.2 is

in recovery you must (mandatory)...

1. format system
2. format data
3. format cache

this can be found in mounts and storage option in recovery.....failing to do so will result in bootloop....
if you don't like 4.4.2 and wanna to go back then you need to flash 4.2.2 kernel and boot into recovery and again format the above partition before you restore your backup....
Thanks for the help man! i have one more doubt , i am on erro rom , and i have lupus v8 running on it and i am not able to access recovery in it , i read in the lupus forum that v8 has that problem and using v7 solves it , but can i use v7 with erro rom? just flash it with flashtool?

iPusak Gaoq™
Old
Thanks Meter 773
Quote:
Thanks for the help man! i have one more doubt , i am on erro rom , and i have lupus v8 running on it and i am not able to access recovery in it , i read in the lupus forum that v8 has that problem and using v7 solves it , but can i use v7 with erro rom? just flash it with flashtool?
If you are planning to upgrade to kitkat then you can't use lupus kernel anymore...you need to use kernel inside the rom zip...hust extract the kernel and flash it using flashtool...then boot into recovery and do the above step...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone : Xperia Mini ProAndroid Version : KK 4.4.4Rom : PAC RomsBaseband Version : .587Kernel : v3.4.0-LX

galaxys3lover
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 647

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPusak Gaoq™ View Post
If you are planning to upgrade to kitkat then you can't use lupus kernel anymore...you need to use kernel inside the rom zip...hust extract the kernel and flash it using flashtool...then boot into recovery and do the above step...
So i am on erro now , that is 4.2.2 , i flash the boot.img from the pac rom zip file , using flashtool and then backup my rom then flash the pac rom(4.4.2) from sd card? right??

iPusak Gaoq™
Old
Thanks Meter 773
Quote:
So i am on erro now , that is 4.2.2 , i flash the boot.img from the pac rom zip file , using flashtool and then backup my rom then flash the pac rom(4.4.2) from sd card? right??
Right....don't forget to format those partitions before you flash pac rom 4.4.2