Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,028 Members 37,893 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Not backed up SMS database still intact after flashing new rom

Tip us?

thedancingbear
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Not backed up SMS database still intact after flashing new rom

I just performed a full wipe of my HTC One M7 and flashed a new rom. Once it was done I downloaded Titanium backup from the Play Store and restored all my backed up data. Note that I didn't back up my SMS messages with Titanium, just my SMS app, Textra.

Once it was done I opened up Textra and all my messages were sitting there just as they were before the wipe.

I'm pretty sure that Google doesn't backup things like SMS messages, so where did they come from?

SeraphSephiroth
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedancingbear View Post
I just performed a full wipe of my HTC One M7 and flashed a new rom. Once it was done I downloaded Titanium backup from the Play Store and restored all my backed up data. Note that I didn't back up my SMS messages with Titanium, just my SMS app, Textra.

Once it was done I opened up Textra and all my messages were sitting there just as they were before the wipe.

I'm pretty sure that Google doesn't backup things like SMS messages, so where did they come from?
Text messages will be stored as data for the Textra app so when restoring Textra it will likely restore messages too.
Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away.
Tags
sms