Excessive battery drain from Google play services

Search This thread

trich_28

May 24, 2014
I am running stock 4.4.2 rooted with xposed installed. The title pretty much explains it as well as the picture. I have a lot of apps greenified and have location set to battery saving and have rebooted several times but still get terrible battery drain from Google services

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1400971893270.jpg
    1400971893270.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 511

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
I am running stock 4.4.2 rooted with xposed installed. The title pretty much explains it as well as the picture. I have a lot of apps greenified and have location set to battery saving and have rebooted several times but still get terrible battery drain from Google services

first off, it being your first post, ill be nice. questions/help/troubleshooting does not go in general, it goes in the q&a/help/troubleshooting section. secondly, you should have searched xda before posting another thread, as we already have many threads about this. here is one that we have been using mainly, for this issue http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/help/normal-google-play-services-to-drain-20-t2519831

Reactions: trich_28

trich_28

May 24, 2014
Sorry man just trying to solve this issue asap. You people should try not to be so stuck up to the newbies. I see it everywhere on this site

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Sorry man just trying to solve this issue asap. You people should try not to be so stuck up to the newbies. I see it everywhere on this site

lol, i was even being nice! didnt say anything that would be considered mean or nasty, or just not nice. i know that youre new, and just trying to solve an issue, and i pointed you towards help. i was just explaining to you about how to post correctly. but we do have our own rules here, which everyone is expected to read and follow, even noobs.

trich_28

May 24, 2014
Sorry won't happen again! I went to the thread you directed me to and disabled all the location ones in Google play services using "disable services" and it didn't work for me. Thanks for your help! I'll send a few thanks your way for the misunderstanding

Reactions: simms22

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Sorry won't happen again! I went to the thread you directed me to and disabled all the location ones in Google play services using "disable services" and it didn't work for me. Thanks for your help! I'll send a few thanks your way for the misunderstanding

if you disabled those that are shown in a screenshot, did you reboot first? if not, try again. then let the phone sit there for like 10 minutes, then check.

btw, i do agree with you about some of the meanness that goes on in xda. im not like that, i enjoy helping people too much. and the nexus 5 forums here also, it isnt as bad like the rest of xda. there are many here like me, that actually keep an eye on the forums, to make sure that meanness doesnt go on :)

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
Disable them all. Reboot. Then charge the phone fully so battery stats reset

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

trich_28

May 24, 2014
dont disable them all.
im sure that he wants a phone that will function like it should, not one thats fully disabled.

I would like my phone to function like it should yes lol. I tried to reboot after disabling the ones with location and rebooted and waiting 10 minutes but Google play services time awake is still rising and has been awake for pretty much the whole batter cycle. Could greenify be causing such issues?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
I would like my phone to function like it should yes lol. I tried to reboot after disabling the ones with location and rebooted and waiting 10 minutes but Google play services time awake is still rising and has been awake for pretty much the whole batter cycle. Could greenify be causing such issues?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

no, greenify is innocent. if you got all the location, i wonder what else it could be..

would you post this screen from your default battery stats please..

14%2B-%2B1

trich_28

May 24, 2014
Here ya go

Attachments

• 1400978264641.jpg
    1400978264641.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 269

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Here ya go

thanks. yea, you definitely have something preventing your phone from syncing. check your google sync in main phone settings, check if any of the stuff that you normally sync isnt stuck syncing(either continuous spinning or stopped spinning). alsi, would you post the battery stats page with your apps % battery use.

Reactions: trich_28

trich_28

May 24, 2014
I checked and it is not stuck syncing :/

Attachments

• 1400978726255.jpg
    1400978726255.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 225

trich_28

May 24, 2014
well.. its probably what actually is keeping your phone awake. dont listen to any music for a while then post the history detail screenshot again.

Well I really like to listen to music lol but anyways play music is greenified every time after I use it

trich_28

May 24, 2014
maybe so, but at least i will be able to see how your phone actually sleeps, if it does or not, and how much it gets woken :)

I got this from wake lock detector. I hope it helps. Its Google services

Attachments

• 1400984932319.jpg
    1400984932319.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 244

f0xy

Aug 23, 2010
Manchester
Could it not be your Google play music using Google services? Just a suggestion

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

lol, i was even being nice! didnt say anything that would be considered mean or nasty, or just not nice. i know that youre new, and just trying to solve an issue, and i pointed you towards help. i was just explaining to you about how to post correctly. but we do have our own rules here, which everyone is expected to read and follow, even noobs.

first off, it being your first post, ill be nice. questions/help/troubleshooting does not go in general, it goes in the q&a/help/troubleshooting section. secondly, you should have searched xda before posting another thread, as we already have many threads about this. here is one that we have been using mainly, for this issue http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/help/normal-google-play-services-to-drain-20-t2519831

Here ya go

thanks. yea, you definitely have something preventing your phone from syncing. check your google sync in main phone settings, check if any of the stuff that you normally sync isnt stuck syncing(either continuous spinning or stopped spinning). alsi, would you post the battery stats page with your apps % battery use.