[Q] How to run single app on a tablet? (KIOSK MODE)

OP burakkilic

20th May 2014, 08:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Hi;

I have an application and I want to use it with KIOSK mode. In iPad, there is Guided Access which is perfect. But for Android, I couldn't fine a good solution. Apps like SureLock are good, but expensive. How can I do that?
21st May 2014, 06:43 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by burakkilic

Hi;

I have an application and I want to use it with KIOSK mode. In iPad, there is Guided Access which is perfect. But for Android, I couldn't fine a good solution. Apps like SureLock are good, but expensive. How can I do that?

You could develop your own 'kiosk' application, but that would take a LOT of effort, testing, debugging, etc. You'll also need to have plenty of Android knowledge.

There might be free apps out there but I'm honestly not aware of any out there that do a good job. Android does everything it can to NOT let an application do what kiosk apps are trying to do (Lock a user completely out of the rest of the OS).

Is your application web-based or a standalone Android application? Eitherway, another app called KioWare for Android (You can search for it on the Play Store) might be something you would be interested in. KioWare is a browser application which simply locks down Android to only display the browser. KioWare also has a "Single App MOde" which simply keeps another Android app on top.

I'm not sure if KioWare for Android is more or less expensive than SureLock but I can assure you our support is fantastic. If you ever run into any issues or have questions about your setup you are more than welcome to contact our support team.

Full disclosure: I work for KioWare and am one of the main developers of KioWare for Android.
25th May 2014, 01:21 AM   |  #3  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 215

190 posts
More
One idea i had: you could make the app a launcher(need to put Intent.ACTION_LAUNCHER or something similiar into the intent filter).

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, kiosk
Previous Thread Next Thread