Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Chrome: open link in new tab

OP thegios

13th March 2014, 07:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Latina
Thanks Meter: 99

1,497 posts
More
Not sure where the problem is: maybe chrome. maybe the new updates for serach or maybe google itself...

I do remember that when running a serach from chrome using google (so not from the serach bar, but: open chrome, type a nything in the to bar and hit go), if clicking on each search result it would open itin a new tab. Now it is opening on the same tab of the serach results. I tried in google setting, but it seems that in the mobile version the option is not there... I am confused, as it used to work before....
13th March 2014, 07:08 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bangalore, India
Thanks Meter: 519

1,128 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegios

Not sure where the problem is: maybe chrome. maybe the new updates for serach or maybe google itself...

I do remember that when running a serach from chrome using google (so not from the serach bar, but: open chrome, type a nything in the to bar and hit go), if clicking on each search result it would open itin a new tab. Now it is opening on the same tab of the serach results. I tried in google setting, but it seems that in the mobile version the option is not there... I am confused, as it used to work before....

Chrome has never done what you are describing on any phone I've used. At least not that I can remember

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk
13th March 2014, 07:12 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Latina
Thanks Meter: 99

1,497 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 301stSpartan

Chrome has never done what you are describing on any phone I've used. At least not that I can remember

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk

I didagree...
On my tablet, for ex, now if I open Chrime, type anything on the url bar, I get the search results and if I click on any item a new tab is opened
13th March 2014, 08:50 PM   |  #4  
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 617

2,984 posts
Just hold your finger on the link you want open and all the option will appear. Better this than nothing.
13th March 2014, 08:58 PM   |  #5  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 152

494 posts
More
This?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
25th May 2014, 01:28 AM   |  #6  
Flag Leiden, NL
Thanks Meter: 4

325 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegios

Yep, used to work with me too before, on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Now new ROM, not working anymore..
25th May 2014, 02:38 AM   |  #7  
Flag Leiden, NL
Thanks Meter: 4

325 posts
More
I tinkered around a bit, and fixed it, but in a very odd way.

1. Request destop version of google.com.
2. Edit search settings (make sure "open search results in new tab" is selected. In my settings it was already).
3. Save settings.
4. Request mobile version of google.com.
5. Search results will open in new window.

Weird, but it works on my phone, and my girlfriends.
25th May 2014, 02:54 AM   |  #8  
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 617

2,984 posts
Just use the Xposed Module for it. Done.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread