Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,914 Members 50,751 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Chrome: open link in new tab

Tip us?

thegios
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93
Default Chrome: open link in new tab

Not sure where the problem is: maybe chrome. maybe the new updates for serach or maybe google itself...

I do remember that when running a serach from chrome using google (so not from the serach bar, but: open chrome, type a nything in the to bar and hit go), if clicking on each search result it would open itin a new tab. Now it is opening on the same tab of the serach results. I tried in google setting, but it seems that in the mobile version the option is not there... I am confused, as it used to work before....
SONY Xperia Z1 - KK 4.4.4 - 14.4.A.0.108 rooted
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - JB 4.1.2 - N8000OXADNE4

301stSpartan
Old
Thanks Meter 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegios View Post
Not sure where the problem is: maybe chrome. maybe the new updates for serach or maybe google itself...

I do remember that when running a serach from chrome using google (so not from the serach bar, but: open chrome, type a nything in the to bar and hit go), if clicking on each search result it would open itin a new tab. Now it is opening on the same tab of the serach results. I tried in google setting, but it seems that in the mobile version the option is not there... I am confused, as it used to work before....
Chrome has never done what you are describing on any phone I've used. At least not that I can remember

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk
Sony Xperia Z1 C6902
Samsung Galaxy S II i9100G
Motorola Atrix 4G MB860 - RIP (bricked)
Motorola Droid A855 - RIP (drunkenly dropped in puddle)

thegios
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by 301stSpartan View Post
Chrome has never done what you are describing on any phone I've used. At least not that I can remember

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk
I didagree...
On my tablet, for ex, now if I open Chrime, type anything on the url bar, I get the search results and if I click on any item a new tab is opened
SONY Xperia Z1 - KK 4.4.4 - 14.4.A.0.108 rooted
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - JB 4.1.2 - N8000OXADNE4

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Just hold your finger on the link you want open and all the option will appear. Better this than nothing.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

omegahanggara
Old
Thanks Meter 146
This?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
"It is not the size of the sword... It is how you use it!!!"

dmxl
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegios View Post

Yep, used to work with me too before, on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Now new ROM, not working anymore..
Samsung Galaxy Note 2

dmxl
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I tinkered around a bit, and fixed it, but in a very odd way.

1. Request destop version of google.com.
2. Edit search settings (make sure "open search results in new tab" is selected. In my settings it was already).
3. Save settings.
4. Request mobile version of google.com.
5. Search results will open in new window.

Weird, but it works on my phone, and my girlfriends.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Just use the Xposed Module for it. Done.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4