Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,526 Members 49,671 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Weirdest issue I've seen. Any ideas?

Tip us?

hbarron
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Weirdest issue I've seen. Any ideas?

I had the most baffling thing happen to my dna that I cannot explain. Ok.. I was using my phone like usual when I received a message to go out with my buddys. I decide to go and plug my aux in to listen to music on the way.. I get to my destination and in a hurry to get inside I forget my phone in the car. (At this point idr wat my battery % was but doubt it was low) so after about 30-40 minutes I realize I left my phone. So I go out to get it and find it unresponsive. I press the power button and the screen doesn't turn on. I figured it may have died so I plug it in to my usb only to find no notification light turned on to indicate its charging. I wait a while as its plugged in hopping to get the blinking orange light but nothing. Press and hold the power button + vol button(s) and still nothing. Any ideas as to what happened? Any thoughts on how to turn turn it on? I was on Viper 3.5 with ihate 5.5. Ny ideas are greatly appreciated. I am in complete dismay.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

mulhiny
Old
Thanks Meter 235
When you press power and hold (no volume) do the navigation lights begin to blink?

Sent from my thumbs
"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher." ~ WD

hbarron
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
No they don't

Jaggar345
Old
Thanks Meter 151
Seen this before. No one knows why it happens but I have found some success trying a couple of things. First let's try to leave it on a charger for 24 hours and see if it becomes responsive. If that doesn't work what people have done is they remove the back housing dissconnect the battery and reconnect it. That works for most people. I would try it if you feel comfortable opening the phone. There are plenty of tear down videos that can show you how to open the phone and the battery connector is near the bottom. Just gently remove it and then reconnect it. Be careful not to tear any connectors while your in there. Then see if it works.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaggar345 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hbarron
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I left it on the charger and it end up charging

The Following User Says Thank You to hbarron For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]