Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,749 Members 50,203 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Freeing Up Ram, newly rooted

Tip us?

zgiddens
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Freeing Up Ram, newly rooted

Today, I finally rooted my droid x running Android 2.3.4, System 45.621.10 using framaroot. I have never rooted a phone but finally got tired of low ram of this phone lagging it up. Who does a newbie start to free up some ram?

All, I have done at this point is run framaroot, choose supersu and verified root access through root checker.

I've read about apps that let's you freeze, rename, or delete apps.

I came here for better instructions as I do not want to brick my phone. I'd prefer to do minimum tweaking if that's possible and achieve my objective.

Any instructions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Also, I do not use Verizon as a carrier any longer so removing their apps wouldn't be an issue.

Bobcus Leper
Old
Thanks Meter 208
I know you said that you wanted minimal tweaking, but this is definably the way to go in terms of performance and free ram. The newest build is located in the OP's three hostings, or in m.ksy's newest post on page 180. Make sure to read everything in the OP and Happy Flashing!

Sent from my XT912 using XDA Free mobil app

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2670547