Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,173 Members 41,384 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S5 Chinese g9006v

Tip us?

ATHATH
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default S5 Chinese g9006v

Are the custom ROMs made for the international S5 g900f compatible with the chinese s5 g9006v? The only difference as far as I know is the difference in LTE bands and the lack of google play.

Queueyou
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHATH View Post
Are the custom ROMs made for the international S5 g900f compatible with the chinese s5 g9006v? The only difference as far as I know is the difference in LTE bands and the lack of google play.
I have not heard of anyone doing it, but, but suppose it wouldn't really hurt to try if you had a nandroid backup ready incase of problems...

I agree that it is different in those regards and those only from all that I've read. There is a thread here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2738617 that someone made that links to how to custom recovery (in chinese sadly), how to root it, and I personally after rooting/recovery was able to flash gapps 4.4.2 on it and it worked just fine for me. I still want a custom english based ROM that will have gapps fully default installed and all the samsung stuff working, basically a GPE version ROM with all the samsung crap that gives it all the nice features that default android doesn't have.

Now, with all that said, I have seen a TON of people showing different versions compatible with the 900F version and never once seen the 9006V listed as one of those...

laohu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Oh me, oh my, the more I (try) to learn, the more confused I become.

The stock ROM from sammobile doesn't include Google apps?

Hellscythe
Old
Thanks Meter 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by laohu View Post
Oh me, oh my, the more I (try) to learn, the more confused I become.

The stock ROM from sammobile doesn't include Google apps?
i think phones in china don't ship with google apps? :S not too sure.

laohu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellscythe View Post
i think phones in china don't ship with google apps? :S not too sure.
They most certainly do not. I just didn't know if that meant stock sammobile ROM wouldn't have them.

So then, I guess the solution is to flash a stock KitKat ROM on the phone (I assume those do exist)?

Hellscythe
Old
Thanks Meter 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by laohu View Post
They most certainly do not. I just didn't know if that meant stock sammobile ROM wouldn't have them.

So then, I guess the solution is to flash a stock KitKat ROM on the phone (I assume those do exist)?
Sammobile chinese stock rom doesn't have gapps because it is exactly the same as the rom on the phones. i believe it is pulled from OTA or KIES.
and there are stock kitkat roms available now in the original android development section, but there are bugs and not suited as a daily driver IMO. also not sure if it supports the chinese model