Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,161 Members 52,143 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia Z2 Black Screen

Tip us?

amix12
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Xperia Z2 Black Screen

Hey Guys,

Just got my new Xperia Z2 2 days ago, the phone looks nice. Compared to the Samsung Galaxy phones I had before (S4 & Note 2), the Z2 feels like a real phone especially with the glass frame.

The phone is fast with a nice camera, the only comment about it is "too much bezel" which I think SONY could've done a better job by "trimming" the huge bezel....

Today I unlocked the bootloader and was about to root the phone when all of a sudden the screen went black with no light at all

Tried to reset the phone, reboot....etc. nothing really worked, I did some search and found out that this is a common issue with the Xperia Z & Z1 as well and looks like Z2 is having the same issue..

Just had to take the phone back to the SONY store, they didn't have a replacement and they told me that If I needed a replacement, that'd be back order and I'd have to wait another month !!!

Also, they were hesitant about returning the phone and told me if I used it for over 30 min., then they can't return it and they'd have to sent it for repair....luckily I had used only 25 min. !!!

Just be aware of the issue. Also, does anyone know if the black screen issue is very common on the Xperia ?? I liked the phone and was thinking about buying another one.

shaf46
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by amix12 View Post
Hey Guys,

Just got my new Xperia Z2 2 days ago, the phone looks nice. Compared to the Samsung Galaxy phones I had before (S4 & Note 2), the Z2 feels like a real phone especially with the glass frame.

The phone is fast with a nice camera, the only comment about it is "too much bezel" which I think SONY could've done a better job by "trimming" the huge bezel....

Today I unlocked the bootloader and was about to root the phone when all of a sudden the screen went black with no light at all

Tried to reset the phone, reboot....etc. nothing really worked, I did some search and found out that this is a common issue with the Xperia Z & Z1 as well and looks like Z2 is having the same issue..

Just had to take the phone back to the SONY store, they didn't have a replacement and they told me that If I needed a replacement, that'd be back order and I'd have to wait another month !!!

Also, they were hesitant about returning the phone and told me if I used it for over 30 min., then they can't return it and they'd have to sent it for repair....luckily I had used only 25 min. !!!

Just be aware of the issue. Also, does anyone know if the black screen issue is very common on the Xperia ?? I liked the phone and was thinking about buying another one.
hmmm, if i was you i would use the phone as it is and wait for some couple of months before rooting it since it is new on the market and issues will keep on going till bugs are sorted out and that rooting should be updated with new files and then after users review i think then you might just root it but for now there's too much bug even with its stock firmware its normal wait a bit Disable all apps that you don't use for now
The Following User Says Thank You to shaf46 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rexboy
Old
Thanks Meter 276
Default Screen of death

I had a similar situation with my new Z2 although nothing to do with the bootloader, rooting the phone etc.
Basically screen went blank after using a magnetic charge adaptor. Anyways depends what country youre in/phone provider.
I got my phone via a plan and was well over 30 mins of use. My phone lasted about 1.5 weeks and my provider have a 30 day exchange policy if a fault is present.
My phone wouldn’t respond regardless of the power button and volume buttons same time. when on charge I got a flashing red light, not the constant orange charge light.
Anyways went to a shop and got a replacement on the spot.
I don’t know if its common with a Z2 as they are just too new yet. Overall im very happy with mine and suspect I just got a faulty phone, it happens.
The Following User Says Thank You to rexboy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bluheart
Old
Thanks Meter 156
Same here buddy! I tried the top three, xperia included. Xperia is good and I have no complaints.

Obsessed with rooting and romming since the android SGS years, I bought an Xperia Z2 also to stop my obsession lol!

After 15-AUG, I may root, if a root is available on locked bootloader. Lets wait for DoomLord to attack on the stock first.

SGS1 - SlimRom; SGS2 - SlimRom; SGNote - Stock, replaced with HTC Butterfly
Sony Xperia Z2 - Stock.
The Following User Says Thank You to bluheart For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

amix12
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks guys,

Well, I don't consider any android phone to be really a phone without rooting...

BTW, Does anyone know a way to run rooted apps on non-rooted phones ??

Thanks again....

Envious_Data
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 814

DONATE TO ME
you cant run rooted apps without root :/
unless you mean something else

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hi there

"Music Makes me forget the traumas that plague my mind. Music is the cure to a normaly unfixable problem"
-Nozomi Yamauchi

http://envious.host-my-rom.eu/
Credits to zantekk for the WebSpace

Deviant Art page
http://enviousdata.deviantart.com/