Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,683 Members 51,379 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S4 Very Strange Screen Problem

Tip us?

Spike96
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Default S4 Very Strange Screen Problem

What's up guys! I've been having a problem with my phone that turns all red colors a little brighter, to a pinkish color. It's REALLY weird because I know it's not the hardware. When I restart, the colors all go normal and red for about 15 seconds after boot. After about 15 seconds, the color resets back to pink. This change from red to pink happens everywhere. On the home screen, inside apps, and in videos.
I have check all the settings like brightness and adapt display and nothing is out of place.
I will probably factory reset my phone if I can't find a solution but then I'll root to use titanium back up.

Anyone have any ideas?
SCH-I545 - Hyperdrive
Hit the Thanks!

dark5577
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike96 View Post
What's up guys! I've been having a problem with my phone that turns all red colors a little brighter, to a pinkish color. It's REALLY weird because I know it's not the hardware. When I restart, the colors all go normal and red for about 15 seconds after boot. After about 15 seconds, the color resets back to pink. This change from red to pink happens everywhere. On the home screen, inside apps, and in videos.
I have check all the settings like brightness and adapt display and nothing is out of place.
I will probably factory reset my phone if I can't find a solution but then I'll root to use titanium back up.

Anyone have any ideas?
Are you saying your screen mode is set to adapt display? I have my device set to movie and I can see the change in colors when my S4 switches from the normal screen profile to the movie profile shortly after boot. Although, if you have screen mode set to adapt display you shouldn't notice any change in the colors.
The Following User Says Thank You to dark5577 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Spike96
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark5577 View Post
Are you saying your screen mode is set to adapt display? I have my device set to movie and I can see the change in colors when my S4 switches from the normal screen profile to the movie profile shortly after boot. Although, if you have screen mode set to adapt display you shouldn't notice any change in the colors.
Adapt display was checked. But I found the problem, it was actually the Color Adjustment setting in the "Accessibility" section.
Thanks for the reply!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app
SCH-I545 - Hyperdrive
Hit the Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Spike96 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]